2.15 carat in I colour?

posted 3 years ago in Engagement
Post # 2
4877 posts
Honey bee

Have you seen the stone in person?  I have a cushion cut that’s an I and it doesn’t show yellow.  I saw it in person before I bought it and even compared it to an F and G stone.

Post # 3
6165 posts
Bee Keeper

I had a RB in I color. I promise you that no one will think your stone is yellow. Just make sure it has excellent or ideal cut and you’ll be fine. People worry way too much about the diamond color. Face up on a well cut stone color is difficult to discern and I’m extremely good with color.

Post # 4
1542 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
averagebride :  Rounds are very forgiving still in this color grade unless you are absolutely sensitive to color.  I prefer a slightly warmer diamond an IRL, and mine faces up pretty white (2.01 carat ‘I’ VS2).  In pictures, or when the stone is loose, I can see some body color though. Make sure you can see the stone in person or if you are buying it online, that it has a good return window.  Mine is a halo and is well matched with the ‘G ‘diamonds and I don’t see any major color difference. 

Post # 5
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

As long as the other specs are good, it won’t look yellow. I have an H cushion and it looks very white.

Post # 6
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2019 - Queens, NY

It depends on the person. I have a J and it looks white for the most part. I also made sure the rock had the specs!

Post # 7
1333 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - City, State

+1 for seeing it in person if you haven’t yet and are able to.  But I have an I color and I love mine to tiny bits.  As long as you’re not putting it next to sidestones that are DEF color or something like that, it will be beautiful.  I purposely asked for a warmer stone because I don’t love the look of cooler/icy stones and I still swoon over mine.  This is how mine looks in most indoor light, and then in sunlight:

Post # 8
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

my center stone is an I color and I LOVE it!!! (1.8 carat transitional cut from the 20’s/30’s)8F038EDC-F530-4D21-9573-6EFCB224F996

Post # 9
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - City, State

My ring is an I color (pics all over this site) and the only time it shows a hint of golden (bonus!) is in the office elevator (mahogany panelling and those orangy-restaurant low lights).  And even then it depends on how I tilt my hand.  Otherwise, it is a beautiful white stone.  You’ll be fine.  Congrats on the upgrade.

Post # 10
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Big question, what lab color graded it? Is it GIA, IGI, or AGS? GIA is stricter on the color grading scale than either of the other two labs with IGI being very loose with the color scale. If it was EGL lab, I don’t know much so can not comment on them. 

GIA-fair grading system

AGS-loose color grading system but fantastic at grading light performance (some consider the color grading to be one off compared to GIA). If it is a super ideal diamond (Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, Victor  Canera, High Performance Diamonds…etc then you can get away with warmer stones as they are better cut and will be whiter in faceup appearance)

IGI-most jewelers will use when they want to price a poorer diamond for more, least recommended lab unless you absolutely love the stone and have seen it in person. (some consider the color grading to be 2-3 off compared to GIA)

Post # 11
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - City, State

View original reply
KKJohnson :  Agreed, GIA is the most strict.  GIA is my stone’s cert.  Good point to share with the OP.

Post # 12
1599 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

Regarding veraggio with a big stone, I think it depends on the style and size or your finger. Veraggio scales their ring to the size of the stone. Big stone means bigger ring. Depending on the style and your finger it might detract from the size of the stone or might overwhelm your finger or might look lovely. 

Only way to know is to try on in person if possible. 

Post # 14
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2021

View original reply
averagebride :  see the stone in person, & go for whatever you like but I have an I colour and it’s beautiful still, barely noticeable – absolutely wouldn’t change it!

Post # 15
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

When we saw diamonds in person I could see a hint of color in an I and it bothered me. I went with just under the 2 ct mark, a 1.9ct G was a good balance for me 😃

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors