2, 2.5 or 3 carat

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
1127 posts
Bumble bee

I’d go with the 3 carat stone!! I have a 2 carat and my ring size is a 4. Although it looks somewhat large on me, it doesn’t look huge. So I guess it depends on what your wanting. the 2.5 carat would be a great balance! The ring you have is gorgeous btw!! 

Post # 17
282 posts
Helper bee

brianna4565 :  I see. I think the setting you picked from moissaniteco is beautiful. Classic with a little twist. I still recommend trying things on with your local jeweler. I ordered a 2 ct moist recently and even laid the stone on my hand to see if I liked the size. Once I actually got it set, though, it looked…bigger somehow. I definitely wouldn’t go with a 3 ct without trying one on first to make sure it feels right on you. 

Post # 18
946 posts
Busy bee

I would definitely do the 3 ct. Mineis a 2ct equivalent  (8mm) on a size 4.75 finger. Excuse the nails..peeled of gel polish and cut my nails down lol.

Post # 21
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

brianna4565 :  3 carat! I upgraded from a 1.5 – 2.5 and love it. I’m about a size 6.5. 

Post # 22
946 posts
Busy bee

brianna4565 :  Thank you so much. No ma’am. It’s actually a cheap stacker from Pandora. 

Post # 23
1520 posts
Bumble bee

I wear a 9mm on a size 7.5 (size 8 knuckles 😕) and I do quite like it. But sometimes I feel like I could go down to an 8-8.5mm if I’m completely honest. 

Post # 24
2595 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - County courthouse

Mine is a 2.5ct (8.5mm) fb moissanite on a size 7.5-8 ring finger. I chose a 2.5ct stone because I thought the 2ct wasn’t big enough but the 3ct was too big. So I settled with half way:

Post # 25
1815 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I’d go 2.5 ct. I find anything over that looks huge (and fake – even real diamonds look fake at such a huge size to me). It’s really going to depend on what you’re used to – and what you like. If you like a huge ring – and don’t think you’d get it caught on everything, then go for it

Post # 28
1716 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

As the stone gets wider, it also gets taller. I’m pretty sensitive to tall settings and choose an ~8.0 mm Amora OEC since it kept the height at 5.0 mm. I also had the stone set very low in the head. So low, in fact, that the culet tip is about halfway into the shank. See the center stone in the top ring. The bottom ring is for reference. It is a 9 mm CZ on a size 10.25 (wedding band is 4.5 mm wide).   

IMG_9098_opt

Post # 30
4644 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Mine is a 2.31 carat diamond on a size 5 finger and I think it is perfect, and I agree with another poster that much larger stones even if they are diamonds, do tend to look fake (just my personal opinion). I wear it every day and feel it is just right – not too flashy or large – but large enough to be noticeable and draw random compliments 🙂

ER_babypink_nails

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors