(Closed) 2.5 ct loose diamond help!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 44
2722 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I personally love halos around step cuts.  The contrast of the sparkly round melee in the halo and the flashes that come from the step center are really appealing to me.

I too would put a single, thin halo around it.  There are some really dainty halos like Leon Mege and Tacori also makes daintier halos.  Tacori also makes a “bloom” which is more of a halo under the center.  Hopefully this link will work:

http://www.since1910.com/tacori-26463ec-channelset-emerald-cut-engagement-ring-with-bloom#Photos

Post # 46
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider

View original reply
jlo1015:  thank you! the polish is “Big Apple Red”, if you think you want some yourself. 😉

the design is actually James Allen’s octagon halo! I think their designs are great, but perhaps not quite elegant enough for your stone? I’d look into Lauren B for you. (http://www.laurenbjewelry.com)

Post # 49
2633 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m partial to halos but I would do a realllllly delicate halo like 1.5mm stones on the halo and band so that the stone really stands out.

Post # 50
1052 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
jlo1015:  Here it is stacked with my wedding bands and on its own:

Post # 51
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2017

thats such a beautiful stone. What are the specs? I personally wouldnt do a halo, and im always pro-halo! Let the beauty stand out on its own. I have a 1ct emeral now. In the future, when i upgrade, I want a 2-2.5 ct on a rose gold pave band. 

Post # 52
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016 - Hunting Hill Mansion

View original reply
jlo1015:  Not sure but it looks like it! I just googled Harry Winston emerald cut to be honest haha

Post # 53
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider

View original reply
jlo1015:  thanks! the polish color is “Big Apple Red”, by the way, if you’re Jonesing for a new shade. 🙂

the setting is actually James Allen’s octagon halo (https://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/18k-white-gold-octagon-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-item-49755), and while I love JA’s settings, I feel like something from Lauren B might suit your stone a little more. . .check her out on Instagram!

Post # 54
1520 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jlo1015:  I also must say, no halo! That stone is stunning and think it’s more than enough on its own. I think the halo could even take away from it. If you add a halo I would add only a small delicate one.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by bluehope.
Post # 55
5648 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
emilypaige:  that’s a lovely setting you’ve posted.

I’m biased as I have baguettes but I think that does so much more for your lovely centre stone than a halo. 

Post # 57
16 posts
Newbee

I agree with the no halo votes!! what a gorgeous stone!

The topic ‘2.5 ct loose diamond help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors