2.5 year engagement (Love being engaged!)

posted 2 years ago in Engagement
Post # 3
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Good. More people should take the time to enjoy each and every aspect of their relationship. We got engaged in Sept 2014 and married in Aug this year! I don’t get what the rush is. Kudos to you for enjoying this time being engaged with your partner. It may be hard to manage your excitement since its so far away but this also gives you time to really research and make sure you will have the wedding of your dreams. Good luck with everything! And congrats on your engagement!

Post # 4
1397 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2020

We’re in the same boat! My SO and I plan on having a 2.5 year engagement with a wedding June of 2020. If I’m anything like my cousin it will feel like a long time to wait, but we also have a lot of goals to meet career wise and financially before having a wedding. 

It’s what we need to do and what will work for us, and you’re right in that an engagement is super exciting on it’s own! 

Plus having so much time to prepare and make decisions takes a lot of stress out of wedding planning 🙂

Post # 5
6272 posts
Bee Keeper

I don’t think 2.5 years is crazy long and you’ve got a date sorted and stuff. Enjoy but don’t make it your life’s focus or you could get serious post wedding blues. 

Post # 6
53 posts
Worker bee

Idk I left that way at first. But after your engaged a year it gets a little bit like ok lets get married now.

Post # 11
2527 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I would not start on any sort of guest list yet. That is definitely something that can change and will change especially over the course of 2.5 years. You may be able to book a venue in the next few months, but some don’t book more than 1.5-2 years in advance. And, I would also not buy or even try on dresses this early. That is something that can definitely wait at least a year. Nothing wrong with getting ideas, but I would wait to actually solidify anything until you’re closer to your date. 

Nothing wrong with a long engagement. My Fiance and I got engaged in Jan of this year and aren’t getting married until the end of Sept next year. So about 18 months (which I feel is on the longer end). 

Post # 13
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I had a longer engagement too. Not as long as yours but was 25 months so justttt over two years. Honestly sometimes it felt like it took forever but my one year anniversary is in 2 weeks. I can’t believe how fast everything came and went. I loved being engaged too. 

Post # 14
2400 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

It’s a different world view than I’m used to, to think about a long engagement. Plus, I’m one of these sorts that once I make a decision I just want to move forward. So if I decide I want to get married, then that’s what I do, pretty immediately. It would have driven me crazy to draw something like that out for a couple of years.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors