(Closed) 2.9c round on 5 finger too big?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

I think it really depends on where you live, social circle, and even what your jobs are! Just aesthetically, I personally don’t think it would look too big, but I like big stones. I have a 1.7 on a size 5 finger and would comfortably go to a 2.5. What are the specs on the diamond? 

Post # 3
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
jj227 :  it will definitely look big, but not in a bad way!! Unless she specifically prefers dainty jewelry, it’ll be fine. What are the specs?? 

Post # 6
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

View original reply
jj227 :  I think either will be great!! Are you planning on just doing a solitaire? A halo would definitely add to the “huge” factor but I think 2.5-2.9 will look great!

Post # 8
304 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
jj227 :  I don’t think 2.5 and 2.9 will be thattt different, both would look great on such a small finger! She’s a lucky girl! Do you plan to do a solitaire or halo?! 

Post # 9
304 posts
Helper bee

I wanted to add.. maybe see what style she likes, and if the setting that she prefers is  more ornate (aka expensive and bigger), go w the 2.5

Post # 10
304 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
jj227 :  ok great!! The solitaire will look great, i honestly like bigger stones set that way. Congrats!!

Post # 11
1333 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - City, State

I have a size 5 hand and honestly that sounds a little big to me.  I have a 1.4 carat round, but told my FH I would be comfortable going up to 2, or a smidgeon over 2.  But nearly 3 sounds like it would be overwhelming to me, personally.

Post # 12
270 posts
Helper bee

This is a moissanite chart, but you can ask the millimeter measurements of the diamond and compare it to the sizes here: https://www.moissanite.com.au/pdf/moissanite-shapes-sizes.pdf

There are also various threads where people post their pictures. This one might help: https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/2-carats-on-size-5-finger/

That ring would be too big for me, but only you know your Girlfriend and her preferences. I am a 7.5 (I think) and looking at about a 1.25 or 1.5 carat equivalent.

Post # 13
1253 posts
Bumble bee

This really boils down to preference honestly. I have size 4.5 finger and wouldn’t want anything over 2 carats, if that, personally. There’s really no way of us knowing which is better for your girlfriend. 

Post # 14
2548 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

View original reply
jj227 :  I mean it really depends on your circle, if you can afford that then maybe it’ll just look “normal” but personally I think it’s probably kind of big, I’m 5′ small frame size 4.5 ring, I have a cluster type ring with a 6mm wide setting and I wouldn’t want anything bigger, so I’m going to vote for around a 6.5mm diamond (whatever carat that is, I’m guessing like 1 or so) to be the best side for her hand imo

Post # 15
763 posts
Busy bee

I agree that it depends on lifestyle, circle, and preferences. I have a small finger (size 3.5), and I wanted a stone under 1 ct because no one I know has a stone much larger than 1 ct, and personally I would not be comfortable standing out for having a large stone that would look even bigger on my finger. Also my career would make a bulky or tall ring impractical for daily wear.

The topic ‘2.9c round on 5 finger too big?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors