(Closed) 2 baby showers at work… WWYD?

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think you’re over thinking it.. if you’re closer to the first girl it makes sense you would get her a more personal gift. I don’t think there is anything wrong with what you’re doing. 🙂

Post # 4
4363 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I think I’d feel the same as you, I like to treat people the same.  Hopefully though the second girl will realise you just don’t know her that well.  I don’t think I’d take it personally if it was me (but I’ve nver been a hormonal pregnant lady). I say go in for the group gift.

Post # 5
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@abbyful:  I don’t think you should feel bad at all, everyone at work is a grown up and realizes that some people will have closer friendships with one coworker than another. The new girl will probably be totally overwhelmed and happy to be thrown a work shower if she hasn’t been working there for long! 

Post # 6
2543 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@abbyful:  I think that is just fine. I would do the same if I were in your shoes. My work place does the same thing with showers.

Post # 7
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

If you’re really stressing over it, you could always give the girl who you’re closer with the gifts privately before the shower.   But I really wouldn’t worry as I’m sure the other girl realizes how it is.

Post # 8
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2006

@DrTeeth:  My thoughts too. Just give the girl you’re closer with her gifts privately before the shower. 

Post # 9
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I would just give the second girl a group gift, after all you don’t know her that well and i am sure she won’t feel left out since she doesn’t know you that well either.  GL and have fun!

The topic ‘2 baby showers at work… WWYD?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors