(Closed) 2 Banquet tables together

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think it could be done and would look really pretty.

However, I personally prefer round tables as a guest. With rectangular tables I feel like you can only talk to your neighbours and the people directly across from you but with round tables you can have a conversation as a table (if the centerpiece isn’t too high).

But if it matches your vision I say go for it!

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee

My daughter is getting married 6/11/2011 she is putting 2 Banquet tables together to make them square. Our biggest problem has been that some of the tables are 2-6ft tables and some are 2-8ft tables. We have discovered, disposable tablecovers aren’t made for 8ft banquet tables and runners are too short (too little overhang).  After many weeks we finally have come up with a plan we hope will work. We are going to have the runners lay through the middle of the tables as opposed to longwise down the tables (they will be too short longwise down the 8ft tables). Black tablecovers with pink satin runners that we will have to make ourselves. I had some pics of tables pushed together but can’t find them now. Biggest thing is keep all tables the same size. uggha.

Post # 6
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I like the idea. And we are doing that as well. Pushing two 8 foot long tables together to make a square. I personally feel that leaving the tables as singles, reminds me of eating lunch at school. Makes it hard for people to talk sometimes. If you have access to rounds as well, the mixture of the two tables together and a few rounds mixed in flows well together.

Post # 7
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We are doing this at my sister’s wedding. We are actually using a tablecloth on each of the two tables, and then we made runners that cover both tables. For the 16ft long double tables, we made 19ft runners. We are also using some of the 8ft tables as single tables, so we made 11ft runners for those.

The topic ‘2 Banquet tables together’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors