(Closed) 2 bridal showers!?

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

It does seem like your mom way be overreacting a little but I don’t see a problem with more than one shower. I was just informed by my mother that I’m having 3. Because my guests are spread out Future Mother-In-Law is throwing one in WV because most of FI’s family cannot afford to travel to MD (where the wedding is) more than for the actual weekend. My mother is throwing one in MD for those there, and then another in NY because most of my family and mom’s friends live up there. So those who are closest to each location will be invited, but they have the option to go to all if they really wanted to. My mom is having a small one at her house which is more a wine & cheese thing for the shower.

Sorry that’s a lot, but maybe try speaking with her about having hers more traditional and have the beach house one, still a shower but maybe more of a party. Fiance and male family/friends are coming to the NY shower after we’ve done “all the girly things”. lol

Hope that helps even a little bit. 🙂

Post # 4
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@ericalynne85:  I’ll be having two, in different locations. so even though your Mom’s motives may not be in the right place, it’s ok to have more than one shower.

it’s really too bad how these big life events can bring out the worst in people that we love (or try to love!)

Post # 5
1375 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Its totally fine to have two showers, as long as the guest lists do not overlap.  So your Maid/Matron of Honor and Future Mother-In-Law can throw it for your friends and FI’s family, and your mom can throw one for your side of the family.

Post # 6
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m having 4. Its getting a little crazy.

Having 2 is no big deal.

Post # 7
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I’m having three bridal showers in different locations with the guest list divided accordingly. While at first I thought it would be a bit strange I’m actually looking forward to three more intimate (20 people estimate) showers versus one huge one.

I would just let your mom throw the shower and try to keep communication open as much as possible so you at least have an idea of what she is up to. It will work out. 🙂

Post # 8
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Valerita & @Treejewel19:  I am so happy to finally see others having more than 1 or 2. I thought my family was crazy for having 3, but I am excited because they will all be so different from each other with the individuals present rather than a large awkward one that goes on forever.

The topic ‘2 bridal showers!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors