2 Brides, same group of friends, Bridal showers on same day in different cities!

posted 2 years ago in Parties
Post # 17
718 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

everythingpink :  that’s kind of a lame excuse. How hard is it to mention this to your BMs and print new invitations from vista print to make it easy? 

Sorry bee, but you knew it was happening. I don’t understand the surprise. 

Post # 19
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

everythingpink :  I would be upset too. Once a day is set, invitations have been printed and friends and family have made plans to come to town, you can’t just change the date last minute. Also, I would feel very rude asking the host of the shower to change all their plans even if we were very close. I would be particulary frustrated since you made the effort to contact her to avoid overlapping events. With her schedule and her family’s schedule, it may not have been able to be avoided, but it still sucks. Sorry bee!

Post # 20
1151 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I am really baffled at the bees who are telling you to change the date of your shower.  That would be ridiculous in my opinion.

It sucks that this happened but I think you’ll barely notice the missing friends.  And it makes sense that they’d attend whichever shower is more convenient.  Please don’t take it personally.  I’ve been in tons of weddings but almost never made it to the shower because it was out of town etc.  My friend just had her shower and almost none of her BMs could make it but she still had an amazing time celebrating with other friends and family.  

Post # 23
4092 posts
Honey bee

everythingpink :  oh ok, just checking. How are your 5 mutual friends splitting the showers that day? Are they all going to hers or 2 will attend yours and 3 will attend hers for example?

Post # 25
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’d Decline and go to one or the another and send a gift that I couldn’t be there to the one I didn’t go to… if you’re getting married in June maybe you should have considered an April date to have more of a gap… 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors