2 bridesmaids, 2 colors. Is that weird?

posted 2 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
726 posts
Busy bee

Following as I was thinking of doing something similar, got 2 bridesmaids and a flower girl and my colours are navy, grey, blush pink and ivory. So I’m thinking me in ivory, bridesmaids 1 navy 1 grey, and flower girl in blush!

Post # 3
3399 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

View original reply
svargas :  is it weird? no. but i do think that the mismatched or multicolored thing works best with larger numbers. in a larger party it looks more purposeful, and the numbers themselves being cohesion. in a smaller party, it looks more random imo. with just two, i’d probably have them match.

Post # 4
490 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2019 - Southampton, UK

I’m having three, and we’re doing three different shades of coral and different styles. To keep the “different shades” theme going, we’re also using various mixed shades for the flowers and the sugar flowers on the cake.

Post # 5
285 posts
Helper bee

I think having different colors makes more sense with a larger group. If they were subtle tone differences, I think it would work better. But you do you!

Post # 6
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

I’m not really a fan of having two single colors for bridesmaids (much prefer various shades of the same color) but I do think it looks more purposeful when there are several members of the bridal party. When there is only two it just looks like you’re trying to cram in both colors imo. I would pick either wine or petal but I would not do both for only two bms. 

Post # 7
Hostess
2407 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I think I agree with your Fiance and previous PPs. With only two bridesmaids it’s a little strange that you’ve given them different colours to wear. I can see it working with more than two BM’s for sure but with two it just seems like you’re trying to cram your colours in there.

Maybe try two wine dresses with a petal sash?

Post # 8
9155 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
svargas :  

pp said  Maybe try two wine dresses with a petal sash? which is a good idea . Or one dress in each colour with the sash in the other colour. 

Post # 9
1387 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

I don’t see what the big deal is, just have them wear 2 different colors, it will still look good lol

Post # 10
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2019

Unless it’s your preference to have things match I think it’s fine. 

Post # 11
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I personally don’t like matchy matchy so I think its totally fine.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors