(Closed) 2 Bridesmaids are not getting along…any experience dealing with this?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
2401 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’d let them work it out. And stop playing the middleman. If one has a problem with the other, send her directly to the source.

Post # 5
2759 posts
Sugar bee

Give it space and see how things go with both of them at the cookout.

Two of my bridal party members HATE each other – I was nervous for a recent dress shopping trip that both of them came to, but to my total shock they not only tolerated each other but got along and interacted. So you never know, people can surprise you.

If they seem really obviously cool to one another at the party, sit down individually and just tell them, “look I know you’ve got some problems with x going on, but please don’t let that get in the way of your ability to be in my wedding party.” If it gets really bad, you can try to seat them away from each other, etc.

But hopefully it won’t come to that 🙂

Post # 6
5786 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I wouldn’t get in the middle of this. They are adults and can deal with it on their own.

Post # 7
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Personally I would say something.  No one wants to get into the middle of someone argument or ill feeling for another but if they are going to be in the same place at the same time for my event and there is tension I know it would affect me and other people around them. 

Tell them it’s silly and holding grudges only prolongs negative feelings.  For the sake of clarity try to get along.   Even if one is not sorry, so what, someone does not agree with you on something, big deal. Even if they called each other childish names ask them to agree to disagree and be civil. Or take them both out to lunch and ask them to work out their issue, they will be around each other a few times in the future and it’s best if they hash out the issue calmly and maturely.  

But I get in between my friends when and try to fix their dislikes for each other by nature I just like everyone to get alone in my precents LOL After I leave go at it all you want haha

The topic ‘2 Bridesmaids are not getting along…any experience dealing with this?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors