(Closed) 2 bridesmaids fighting+1 bridemaid dropping the week of the wedding=1 sad bride

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

How many bridesmaids do you have total ( including the fighting ones) ?

Post # 4
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Wow! Wow! Wow! That’s crazy! One week isn’t enough time to patch up the rift, so her not attending is probably a great idea to be honest. My mother recently told me, “If you invite trouble to your wedding, then you can’t be mad when it shows up.”

It’s hard to say what you should do about the one that is going to be in your wedding. Have you talked to the other BMs to see how they feel about her? If there isn’t, then keep her. It’s too close to your wedding day to drop her without your numbers being horribly off. 

If the other feels like you chose sides because of that, then that’s her problem. Bottom line though, you look out for you and how you feel. Don’t deal in other people’s issues. Be self centered for once in your life.

Post # 5
2539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

i have been dealing with bridesmaids drama since i ASKED them to be in our wedding….it has gotten to the point where i kicked everyone out that was causing issues (i have 9 bm and 4 of them are Fiance sisters whom im not close with but felt obligated to put in the wedding since his family in contributing so much finiancially)

i only allowed them back in after a serious sit down and letting them know that this day was about us, not the dress, not the shoes, not who doesnt like who… I DONT CARE be there to support us or BE GONE!! So 3 out of the 4 drama starters are officially back in and 1 of my cousins has been placed in also.

my advice to you…… dont let anyone elses drama and situation ruin your day. its so close to YOUR day see if there is anyone they can put aside thier differences for one day….if they cant then you prob need to reevaluate the friendships.

Good luck….and PLEASE try and enjoy your day!

Post # 6
2981 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Are you ME? This exact same thing happened to me, altho there wasn’t a physical fight. It resulted in my Maid/Matron of Honor dropping out over facebook 21 days before the wedding. Our friendship is destroyed. I didn’t kick the other girl out tho. If ex-MOH felt like I was choosing sides then that’s her issue. The show will go on with or without bridesmaids, right? Try to focus on YOU and your husband to be!

Post # 8
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

That really sucks. 🙁 So sorry to hear about the drama. 

Post # 9
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

Im so sorry about all the drama. I have no advice for you except do what you think will make you the least stressed the day of the wedding, because on that day you dont need to worry about petty drama. Its supposed to be a happy time for you!!

Post # 10
643 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My Maid/Matron of Honor bailed from my bridal party two days before the wedding, uneven wedding party, her name in the program, it was horrid.

You know after trying to patch it up and with no success, the day was still perfect. Make sure the people around you want to be there and stand for you, anyone else who outs themselves over drama is probably best not beside you anyways. It’s a stressful week, remember the most important upcoming reason you’re doing all of this and try to stay positive. Good luck.

Post # 11
1489 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@free0807: Im so sorry that you had to go with this especially with your wedding being so soon but I hope you remember that your wedding is about you and your Husband and everyone else is there for the 2 of you, not fighting BM’s.

The topic ‘2 bridesmaids fighting+1 bridemaid dropping the week of the wedding=1 sad bride’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors