(Closed) 2 carat engagement ring – will it look fake?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 61
225 posts
Helper bee

emeraldbee :  

Yeah, you said it better than I did 🙂 I think it’s more his family (mother’s side) that is very materialistic. I shouldn’t have over-generalized that to everyone in the area! It’s a very pretty place. I’m from Portland. We’ll be moving to Washington within the next year (probably not lake WA though since it’s so expensive and we’re young!)–we just finished at OSU. I love Washington so much. It’s my dream to eventually move around Lake WA or Bellevue simply because it is SO beautiful! That will be a while though because I have 4-5 years left of graduate school.  He’s an engineer but a new one so it would be a while before we could live somewhere like that. Enjoy your location 🙂

Post # 62
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I wear a 2ct stone. It’s a D IF and so we could have bought a 3ct stone that was still nice for the same money but we decided that a 3ct for us would look too ostentatious.

2ct is the perfect size IMO. In the city with my husbands banker friends it can hold its own. No its not the biggest or flashiest of all the rings I have seen but it fits in well. Most of the wives had rings similar to mine. Quality and eye catching but still keeping it classy.

Living in the california countryside with my mum friends, 2ct is a good size because it doesnt look ridiculous next to others who had a more modest budget. A lot of my friends have stones around 1ct (are they all diamonds, I honestly wouldn’t know) and some have gem stone rings. There is one girl who has a 3ct diamond and I notice she doesn’t wear it that often whereas I feel comfortable to wear mine all the time.

Post # 63
119 posts
Blushing bee

Just wanted to say congrats on your income level. You guys are very hard workers, made good choices along the way, focused, and successful. 

Post # 64
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

naturelovebee :  Totally understand! The homes on the lake are million dollar-multi million dollar homes. I’ll likely never live there. 😂

The tech industry has changed the real estate market SO much here. We live out in Redmond, but in the county. Looking to sell my current place and buy our forever family home after our wedding. Most of our friends live in Bothell, Lynnwood, Issaquah, Snoqualmie, etc. The more affordable areas. Bellevue is where I grew up, but it’s ridiculous now.

Post # 65
104 posts
Blushing bee

I’m the same size finger as yours and I have a 2 carat princess! I think it looks perfect and no one has commented on how it looks fake. 🙂 

I’ll leave a pic for reference, I found it helped me a lot in picking! I also was just trying wedding bands in this pic.. 

The topic ‘2 carat engagement ring – will it look fake?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors