(Closed) 2 Carat Halo Rings! All sizes

posted 4 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What ring should I get?
    1.5 carat center moissanite halo : (18 votes)
    32 %
    2 carat center moissanite halo : (12 votes)
    21 %
    Look into getting a real diamond instead : (27 votes)
    47 %
  • Post # 2
    10572 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

My center stone is a 1.65 carat amora gem ultra with .45 carats of diamonds in the halo, total carat weight is 2.1, and my ring size is a 3.5. I don’t think you could go wrong with a 1.5 or 2 carat center, both are great sizes. Do you plan on passing your moissanite off as a diamond? If so, then going with a smaller size would be more believable if your income wouldn’t allow such a large diamond, perhaps a 1.25 or even a 1 carat stone. If you plan to be open about having a moissanite than I think a 2 carat would be a great size on you if you like alot of finger coverage. 

Post # 3
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
    kathleenmarie:  my ring size 5.25, the center diamond is 1.71. Total carats is 2.26, I hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 4
    192 posts
    Blushing bee

image11

Sorry all the pictures I have are uploading huge! This is my 2.12 ct diamond center 3.12 ctw ring. 2.3mm band. The double halo is pretty thin compared to most halo’s I have seen. I have a size 5.5 finger. I was all about the finger coverage. I also have long fingers and larger hands and I found ANY ring looking small on my finger. Even now I feel like it is shrinking. I love my halo though! I have recently been thinking about getting a second emerald cut ring just for fun I find them to be more elegant and classic. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  britbrith. Reason: more info
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  britbrith.
    Post # 5
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
    britbrith:  very beautiful ring! 

Post # 6
    192 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    eec729:  thanks!

Post # 7
    1321 posts
    Bumble bee

I am 22 and still in graduate school (although funded with a small income), Fiance is 24 with an AWESOME job out of college. We had the money for a diamond, and decided to do an Amora Gem instead. Here’s my 2.2 carat AG in a delicate halo. I wouldn’t worry about you being 23 with a 2 carat, esp since your guy is older and presumably more established in a career, I would just go try on rings and see what size you like most. I’m a size 7.5 ring. 

Post # 10
    1321 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    kathleenmarie:  thanks! Yeah I’ve held my AG next to my friends diamonds and we def made the right decision for us. My setting is Tacori, so you can get it from any store that sells Tacori, but I happened to get mine second hand in EBay and saved a boatload of money on it! Lol

Post # 11
    70 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I wouldn’t trade my baby for anything! It’s the perfect size for me. I also like it because I opted for a slightly thicker band (since I wear it alone for work a lot) and I didn’t want it to overwhelm the engagement ring. It’s 2+ but I’m not sure the exact number. It’s under 2.5 though, slightly more than 8mm. 2mm rose gold shank, 3mm wedding band. Size 7.

Post # 12
    77 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

My 2 carat diamond  halo is very dainty but i love it! Size 4.75 finger.   2 mm band is. 37 carats.  I say go for what you like.   I didn’t get married until  i was 41 so financially we were in a much better position than when we were 24.  My friends who married in their 20s all have diamonds less than 1 carat or a carat at the most

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  theoriginalg.
    Post # 14
    1065 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: South Lodge. 2nd of Dec 2017

kathleenmarie:  I say have whatever makes you smile the most, don’t worry about anybody else, mine is a diamond but if strangers ask I say it’s paste, just had it reset as I have size eight hands and love the big look 2.15 centre princess cut with a double halo.   I adore it and don’t care if others don’t it’s not their ring hehehe ๐Ÿ˜‡

Post # 15
    558 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    kathleenmarie:  I wouldn’t worry about your age and the size of your ring, I’m 24, my Boyfriend or Best Friend has a great job, he also is 8 years older than me and we went for a moissy. At home almost none of my friends are engaged, and the ones who do, have less than 1ct e-rings, and it’s fine. Just go for what you like and don’t mind others opinions, if you get a stimulant be proud of it. That’s what I learned.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  MrsLerca2be.

The topic ‘2 Carat Halo Rings! All sizes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors