(Closed) 2 carat moissy- to enhance or not to enhance?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Do you prefer unenhanced moissanite or enhanced moissanite?
    Unenhanced : (6 votes)
    12 %
    Enhanced : (43 votes)
    88 %
  • Post # 3
    47 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: February 2014

I researched these for a long time before getting mine and I say enhance. From what I’ve gathered, if you don’t want to see a color, or want I to be faint and are going over 1ct, have one enhanced either by getting the Amora which is supposed to be the whitest clearest or the Forever Brilliant which is slightly less expensive but also slightly less white. I have a 2ct Forever Brilliant enhanced round.  In direct sunlight and in most industrial type buildings it is very white. In dim lighting it is a light canary-colored yellow. Sometimes it even has a slight green/gray tint. It doesn’t bother me but if it was any worse I think it would so I’m very glad I went with an enhanced stone. I also had my wedding band made with moissys. They are 3.5mm rounds, unenhanced and are very clear and sparkly. Here’s a look at my wedding set, hope this helps you lady! πŸ™‚

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Post # 4
    223 posts
    Helper bee

I would say enhance. I just got my 1.25 Amora and it’s just incredible . The larger you go the more Id say enhance!!! Besides its not like you’d be disappointed in an enhanced but you may have a chance If its not enhanced. 

my Amora is ridiculous !

Post # 5
    6215 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I was considering getting a moissy and I say at that size, enhance

Post # 6
    105 posts
    Blushing bee

I would get an enhanced Moissy for sure, if you’re going above 1.5 ct. I have a 1 ct solitaire, and while it’s quite clear, in some dim lights it throws off a little bit of a yellow, but that is rare.

It’s a one carat radiant cut solitaire, I’m obsessed with it. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
    3 posts
    Wannabee

Must must enhance! 

2.2 cr cushion cut with forever brilliant added… wedding set was around 2k.. I knock people off their feet when I show it off. 

Post # 8
    8472 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2012

How on earth does a 2ct diamond need to be enhanced?!

Post # 9
    3 posts
    Wannabee

@rubbs  it’s a Moissanite, not a diamond–totally different gemstone. 

Post # 10
    1770 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 1997

Although I have diamonds, I agree with you, moissanite is certainly a very cost effective alternative to a quality diamond.

I have read that the larger a moissanite is, the more it shows yellow or even a slight green color. Would definitely get the enhanced. The enhancement still won’t take it down to a “d” colorless diamond color, only a near colorless-think “h” color so you won’t have to worry as you said about it being “too white” like a cubic zirconium.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Post # 11
    87 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

Unenhanced if you love moissanite

Enhanced if you’d like it to look more like a diamond

Post # 12
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I’d say enhance.

I’m a color hog and it just looks weird in dim lighting. Both regular and forever brilliant was not my cup if tea. I don’t know if I just got bad gems or what. 

The topic ‘2 carat moissy- to enhance or not to enhance?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors