(Closed) 2 carat round brilliant with 1.8-2mm micro pave?

posted 5 years ago in Engagement
Post # 2
1885 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I do not have a ring like this, but I’d strongly recommend the 2mm band. With a stone that large, it won’t be TOO much of a visual different either way (2mm won’t look thick my any means), but the 2mm will be a lot sturdier and hold up to daily wear better 🙂

Post # 3
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

I always see people recommending going no less than 2mm because the band might start warping if it’s thinner than that. For reference, I have a 1ct center stone with a 2mm micropave band. I think the contrast is perfect, and my ring looks delicate. If you go with 2ct, you might even want to consider going with a thicker band.

IMG_2585

Post # 4
477 posts
Helper bee

Classic and timeless. Love it.

Post # 5
1923 posts
Buzzing bee

I have a 1.8 mm band. I love it for my small hands.

Post # 6
617 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I wouldn’t go below 2mm.  Actually, I think some jewelers won’t go below that anyway, especially for a bigger stone like a 2ct.  You may even want to consider a bit bigger, like a 2.2mm.

Post # 7
371 posts
Helper bee

I don’t have the ring you’re describing but I have a two Ct equivalent stone on a 2mm band. I think it was a good choice. I really like thin bands and I definitely wanted a delicate look, and I feel like I got that.  When the ring was being made I asked for them to make the band as thin as possible for the stone size, and 2mm is what they ended up making it. 

Post # 8
515 posts
Busy bee

2mm for sure

Post # 10
1656 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

You don’t mention the kind of pave, but u-cut, v-cut and french pave all remove A LOT of metal. Bead set pave should be no skinnier than 2.0 mm. The other types (and their kin) need to be 2.2 mm or more is better. This is especially true given the trend for rings to also be thinner (thickness off the finger). 

The topic ‘2 carat round brilliant with 1.8-2mm micro pave?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors