(Closed) 2 carat, size 4 RB Solitaire? Let me see!!

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
1191 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

jamiegrego:  I think if you’re trying to pass it off as diamond, and a 2 carat diamond is not financially accessible, then it might get awkward when people ask about it. I have a moissanite, but I tell everyone it’s a moissanite. It’s also 0.5 ct equivalent, which is the size I love on my finger, and I’m happy about this because it keeps strangers from commenting on it too much! That being said – if you don’t care about what people think, and are happy to answer questions from busybodies – go for it! 🙂

Post # 17
1866 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

b143:  I am obsessed with your ring, it is absolutely, ridiculously beautiful 😍

Post # 18
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2016 - The Wynn Las Vegas

My Round Brilliant diamond, a little over 2 (2.26), size 4. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Profile Photo gisekaotic.
Post # 19
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

thumperbear:  thank you!

Post # 20
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Here’s my 2 carat Amora Gem on a size 5 finger. I think it’s a great size for me. I also tell people what it is when they ask. 

ETA: As a disclaimer though, I’m tall and have long fingers. 

2015-07-15_12.31_.22_1

Post # 21
10572 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

This is smaller than what you asked for but I thought it still may help. I’m petite like you, my ring size is a 3.5 and this is a 1.51 carat round brilliant diamond. It looks plenty big in my opinion. If you plan to pass your moissy off as a diamond and can’t afford a 2 carat then I suggest going a little smaller. 

Post # 22
3167 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

Taeyers:  Have you actually had many ask you if it’s a genuine diamond? I imagine most would admire it to you but keep their thoughts about realness to themselves?

Post # 23
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Kaneohe, Hawaii

3.5 with a 2.5 FB!

Post # 24
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

mrstodd2bee:  Well, I have a long history as a teaching assistant with freshman undergrads, so yeah, a couple of them asked because they’re old enough to be curious but not old enough to learn to watch their manners.I’ve also had friends ask, but that’s because I had a moissanite ring before, and they were curious whether this stone is the same. Back when I first got my moissanite, I freely told anyone who commented on my ring what the stone was, since I just don’t see any reason to hide it. 

Post # 25
4640 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Not exactly what you asked for – diamond is 2.31 and finger size is 4.5 / 4.75 so proportions might be similar though…

Er_coffee

And pardon this weird pic… I was at the doctor’s and the sunlight was shining in so I took this picture with the pulse oximeter still on my finger lol

Post # 26
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2007

If you mean fake as in people thinking it’s not a diamond, Then yes i would say people will think it “looks fake” Unless your lifestyle matches the cost of nice 3.0ct diamonds.  But if you are happy with it and arent afraid to tell peo it’s not a diamond, by all means go for it anyway!

The topic ‘2 carat, size 4 RB Solitaire? Let me see!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors