(Closed) 2 Co-Maid of Honors

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have 2 MOH’s and similar scenario. I invited them both to give a speech but will not require it of both; as for who stands next to me, I chose my cousin as she’s family – the other Maid/Matron of Honor is a very dear friend. Other things I considered were just going by height to make it ‘fair’ versus just picking out of a hat. I don’t think this is as big of a deal as us brides think it to be – they are probably happy to support us on our wedding day and will not be offended by small decisions like these (I hope!)

Post # 4
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I was one of 2 MOHs in my friend’s wedding a few years ago.  The other Maid/Matron of Honor really wanted to give a speech, and I didn’t really have a strong preference either way, so it ended up that I just didn’t give one, and it turned out fine.

My friend basically did the same thing as PP suggested, which was to go by height (neither of us were family; we were both her close friends).  Neither of us got our feelings hurt because both of us got to do something special to us:  she made the speech, and I got to hold the rings and do a reading at the ceremony.  Whatever you decide, your MOHs are there to support you, and they should be happy to do what makes you happy!

As far as suggestions for signifying your MOHs, I normally would suggest slightly different flowers, an extra accessory of some sort, like a different piece of jewelry, a hairpiece, or something special on their parasols.  Good luck!

Post # 7
19 posts
Newbee

You could also have them wear sashes around their waists or put little dangling ribbons on their parasols

The topic ‘2 Co-Maid of Honors’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors