(Closed) 2 colors for bridesmaids dresses?

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I think it depends on the dresses. Do you happen to have a picture?

Post # 4
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

There are several pictures out there of mixed color attendants and they look great.  Do what you think feels special on your day (I am biased since I am having lots of color!)

Post # 5
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m biased as well, we have 5 girls (was 6) and they’ll be in 3 different colors 🙂 All same length/brand/fabric, just differen styles that flatter them best. Go for what you like!

Post # 6
3981 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think it would look fine so long as there is a rhyme and reason. We did two different colors! Well, kinda. The dresses are black but the sashes are different. My Maid/Matron of Honor was in purple and my BM’s in teal.

The guys matched with the Bridesmaid or Best Man in purple and the Groomsmen in teal. (Mr. Hedgie’s “Band” photo… they look like they are about to hurt someone but he thinks they look like rockstars. lol)

Post # 7
1111 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I love this idea, as long as there is some sense of cohesiveness (same length, fabric, style, color family, etc.) to tie them all together.

Post # 8
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think it looks great as long as you can coordinate things. I knew a girl who wanted half the bms in yellow and half in periwinkle. Everyone wanted periwinkle and so she ended up with an uneven amount in each. 

The topic ‘2 colors for bridesmaids dresses?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors