(Closed) 2 Completely different dresses- seriously need help deciding

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress is Best- please read the text before you vote!
    Dress 1: Enzoani gilda (When bottom steamed) : (142 votes)
    48 %
    Dress 2: Augusta Jones- as I am : (95 votes)
    32 %
    Neither Dress- Suggestions welcome! : (9 votes)
    3 %
    Dress 2: Augusta Jones- 10lbs lighter!! : (49 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    328 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

i think the second dress is gorgeous on you! both are beautiful but my eye is drawn to the bottom of the first dress and I feel like it kinda takes away from seeing YOU! second dress is amazing! i love it on you! 🙂

Post # 4
    1902 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I love the second dress too! The first one just has too much going on down the bottom. The bodice of the first dress is gorgeous and fits you so well, but then it looks like you stepped in a pile of tulle and got it tangled around your legs (sorry!).

I agree that the second dress, while stunning, does make your stomach a little rounder than it should…I’ve got that issue too Frown If they can alter it to cover that, then I think it would be perfect! Failing that, maybe try for a similar dress that flares out from your hips rather than clinging to you from your torso to mid-thigh, then flaring out?

Post # 5
    4327 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

I chose the 1st dress because your facial expression in the first picture is infinitely more giddy looking than any of the others. 🙂  You look thrilled to be wearing it, and it fits you so nicely.

Post # 6
    1264 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I voted for the first dress. It is more flattering of a fit and it looks fun!!

Post # 7
    172 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I chose the first dress, not only because you look great in it, but because reading your description of it sounded so much more excited and positive than the second one. It was all about how much you liked it, and the only negative you mentioned (the bottom not being steamed) is something easily fixed. You had much more negative things to say about the second one, and it seems as if you need to convince yourself that you should like it. And of course, your wonderfully happy expression in the first picture says it all! 

Post # 8
    2015 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

You have time to keep looking for a dress. The first dress is absolutely fabulous on your top half, but the bottom looks busy and distracting. The second dress is gorgeous but is not a flattering on top or on bottom.

I voted to keep looking, not because neither dress is nice, but because I think there’s a better/more flattering dress out there. Good luck!!

Post # 9
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I think the second dress is much nicer. The bottom of the first dress is really full on and completely swallows you up and draws your eye directly to the amount of detail on the bottom. 

I agree either the second dress or keep looking. Good Luck! 

Post # 10
    4014 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Love #2! Too much going on with the first dress!

Post # 11
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2013

I voted for the first one because I love the whimsical bottom. I also think the ruching on the dress is very flattering.

Post # 12
    1508 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Bah I voted for the right dress but wrong poll option! August Jones for sure! It looks great now and of youre really concerned about your supposed “potbelly”(theres hardly anything there;) then maybe us some shapewear.

Post # 13
    1975 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

im pretty inlove with dress one. you look gorgeous in it

Post # 14
    5405 posts
    Bee Keeper

The first one is def more flattering and I love it with the belt! I think it looks great on you!

Post # 15
    2577 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I think the second dress is much more flattering.

Post # 16
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I personally have something against the dresses like the enzoanai guilda. I feel like in 10 years when your daughter sees your dress, that certain fad that is in right now will make her laugh and laugh. So what I’m trying to say I suppose is that it isn’t very timeless..

The second dress, on the other hand, is more timeless and is flattering but I really liked the pleats (?) on the first one. I would keep looking to find something that incorporates the two together. But still very nice!

The topic ‘2 Completely different dresses- seriously need help deciding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors