(Closed) 2 courses + cake?

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

i would do the salad, entree and wedding cake. That is PLENTY of food. We’re doing a buffet with chicken, pasta, mash potatoes, bread and salad. We were gonna do different dessert but decided since I”m already spending $600 on a cake thats plenty of dessert!

Post # 4
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think thats tootally fine to leave out the app, are you having a cocktail hour with horsderves?

Post # 6
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think the salad, entree, and cake are absolutely enough! If you have vegetarians coming, though, maybe try to find a salad they can eat as well? That way they have more than just the entree. 

Post # 8
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Actually not the egg! A lot of vegetarians, myself included, eat eggs. There’s fish in the dressing! (I didn’t know this for my first couple years of being a veggie. Can you say fail?) 

I think it’s a commonly unknown fact, and I wish someone had told me sooner!

Post # 9
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

That sounds perfect without the appetizer. We are having VERY similar menus.

Post # 10
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think you are totally fine without the app especially since you are not doing a cocktail hour.

Post # 11
1816 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I do not think that you need the mushrooms at all.  Also, it has been my experience that a lot of people don’t eat mushrooms.  I would just save the money.  I don’t think you should move dinner back though.  Who knows when people will eat luncha and you don’t want people drinking for an hour without food (don’t want anyone to get drunk or sick).

Post # 12
4485 posts
Honey bee

Salad, entree and dessert is plenty and is what you would normally get if you went out to eat. You don’t need appetizers in addition, especially if you can’t afford them.

Post # 14
2681 posts
Sugar bee

Its totally enough food.  There arent many weddings Ive been to that have dessert other than the wedding cake either.  My wedding we did a caesar salad, a duet entree of filet & chicken and wedding cake for dessert and it was plenty of food. 

The topic ‘2 courses + cake?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors