(Closed) 2 crinoline/petticoats

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I considered wearing two crinolines because the one I bought from davids wasnt full enough for me. But I ended up buying similar stiff tulle from a fabric store and then adding a few more layers of it to my crinoline.

Post # 6
3982 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am thinking about adding tulle to the slip they gave me. It gives me this weird line where the poofiness starts… and it just isn’t full enough for me. So, no, you aren’t crazy. If I hadn’t already bought this slip I would probably just do the same thing.

Post # 7
3982 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Gorgeous dress By The Way. I love it!

Post # 9
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@sweetlikcake: I dont have a picture now, I can try and take some later. Yes it did work in making the slip poofier and thus making the dress poofier. It was just abit tricky attaching the velcro and ribbon because my slip is a mermaid but we figured it out in the end.

Post # 10
1629 posts
Bumble bee

can you try the dress on with two crinolines to see how it looks/ feels?

Post # 12
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’m not sure it will work–I say this because I tried it once with a dress I’d bought for a sorority formal in college. Once I gt both crinolines on, it gave me the volume I wanted–but since it was an A-line and not a true ballgown, there were no longer the nice vertical pleats in the skirt of the dress–it was stretched taut (and since it was red, looked not unlike a sausage casing.)

If you choose to go this route, I’d make sure to measure the circumferance of the bottom hem of your dress before you make any sorts of decisions. The average hem circumferance of a ballgown is 150″. If yours is under 100, it may cause problems.

Post # 14
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

why dont u want hoops?

i had a hoop in my mermaid and its so much easier to walk round in!

Post # 16
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@sweetlikcake – hoops are easy to sit in, just practice with it.  Pull the hoop rught under the bum up above the bum when you sit.  I have a dress that a crinoline is not enought for either and I will have to get a hoop for it.  I wore them for plays years ago and once you try it once or twice it is really easy.

I would try two crinolines before buying them.  I have a bunch of friends with them sitting around after their weddings and I did try them before I bought one.

The topic ‘2 crinoline/petticoats’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors