(Closed) 2 Cruise honeymoon?

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t know that I would go on two cruises. Maybe just spend some time Miami, maybe travel to the keys? It’s kind of time consuming to check in, wait for your room to be ready, etc. while cruising.

Post # 5
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Sparkle_Bee:  Well in that case… Where would your second cruise take you? I would probably do it!

Post # 6
9954 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’d rather combine a Road Trip around Florida with a Cruise (that is what we did for our own Honeymoon) than a second cruise…  BUT I can see the advantage of a cruise that is less than $ 100 / day

A Car Trip will be more expensive than that !!

Altho there is soooo many great things to see and do all over Florida.  LOVE The Keys in particular (but it isn’t cheap).

There is also The Everglades, the Atlantic Coast or the Gulf Coast… or central Florida and places like Orlando & Tampa.. all very different.  Infact there are countless great spots in Florida, all with their own vibe.

— — —

Honestly tho if I had 2 weeks off, and was open to a longer cruise, then that is what I’d be looking for.  A 10, 12 or 14 day one.  It would go further, so it would have more days at sea… so you’d get a nice balance of relaxation and exploration.  And any remaining days you have, I’d just spend in the Fort Lauderdale / Miami area… before or after (love having a few days after a cruise to veg… before flying home… particularly so as I always find the Debarkation Day so dang exhausting !!)

Hope this helps,

Post # 7
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Ha. I would KILL for extra vacation days to just stay home and relax after the Honeymoon! I love vacations, but I’m always wishing for a few more days when I get home to just be at home.

I understand not being able to get away again, though…it would probably be fun 2 take cruises! 

Post # 8
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Wow….I meant ‘fun to take 2 cruises’….my fingers got away from me!

Post # 9
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I agree with @This Time Round: I vote for the longer cruise if possible. I have been on a few 10 day cruises and they are the best! I am usually getting into my vacation groove around day 5-6 on a cruise so when you have those extra days it is *really* nice. Take a day or two pre and post cruise to really get the full vacation experience out of it.

Post # 10
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Can you do a back-to-back on the same ship?  You’d have the option of booking the same cabin for both legs of the cruise, and you’d only have to have a quick chat with Customs in between.

Post # 11
1475 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

If I were you, I would go on a longer cruise. If that isn’t possible, than I think you should pick one destination spot in Florida (I would choose the Keys) and stay the rest of your vacation there.

Post # 12
6573 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’d either go on a longer cruise – like a 10 day one, or go down and maybe spend a week in Florida (like St. Augustine, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or The Keys) and then take your week long cruise. 

The topic ‘2 Cruise honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors