(Closed) 2 ct (8mm) center stone with halo on size 7 too big?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2137 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

i have a 1.50ct center in a halo and im size 8

if you want a 2ct get it, because then you’ll be gettin ring shrinkage lol

Post # 4
3402 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I have a 3ct OEC Amora in a super thin and dainty micropave halo. I haven’t gotten the ring yet, waiting for the proposal. But the stone looked like a really nice size for my size 6 finger, and it really (crazy sounding) doesn’t look gaudy. My Dad saw the stone before and thought it was a nice size too.

Post # 5
717 posts
Busy bee

i think it’ll look great, go for it!  with size 7, you definitely have the finger width for it to look proportional

Post # 8
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Doooo iiiit! And if you’re really unsure, head out to a jeweler and try and find something similar. Take into account the size of the halo when trying things on!

Post # 9
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

For me, it would be a bit much. 2ct is already on the “big” extreme of ideal finger coverage: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/RBCSizeOnFingerCP43543.jpg

and when you add a halo, I’m not sure you’d even be able to see much finger on either side.

But you know what? It’s your ring. I’ve seen some GIANT rings. Some I have thought were gaudy, some I have thought were gorgeous. But in the end, my opinion amounts to squat. If you love it, rock it!

Post # 10
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

i think it will look great.  it’s a gorgeous ring.

my centre stone is 2ct and it has an additional 2ctw of side stones.  i think my finger is 5.5

Post # 11
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have an 8mm morganite in a halo. So it’s pink, not white/clear, but feel free to photoshop it if that helps. : ) Anyway, I’m a size 4.25. When I first got it I felt like it was HUGE but now I’ve gottten used to it and it just feels right. Here’s a picture:

Post # 12
11752 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

2 carat will look great!  I have a 2 carat round in a cushion halo and size 4.5 i love it!

Post # 13
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m getting a Moissy halo and I’m a size 7 and it’s 1.8 cushion. I’m a little worried too but hell, go for it! I think it’ll look great since our fingers are larger.

Post # 14
1438 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I know this isnt going to be much help, I really dont know my stone, I THINK its 1 ct? But i have size 7, just look at mine & think bigger. lol

Post # 15
3402 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@frogprincess:  Aww thanks! I’m uberrr excited too!

When I sent my stone to my jeweler she was nice enough to do a comparison photo shoot with my J color OEC Amora, H color OEC Diamond, & OMC Asha.

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Other/OEC-Diamond-vs-Amora-Moissy/22839055_VW9Lxt#!i=1833071018&k=QC5Cf4Z

I love my Amora & it was definitely the better choice for us than diamond, for a number of reasons!

Oh, and I got my stone at MoissaniteCo 🙂

I will create a thread when I got my e-ring and proposal so that you can see the finished product!

Post # 16
4663 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

2.0 is really huge. if you are trying to pass it off as a diamond then ppl may get suspicious. but i think it is beautiful.

The topic ‘2 ct (8mm) center stone with halo on size 7 too big?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors