(Closed) 2 Day Wedding Invitation Wording (PLEASE help!)

posted 10 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
48 posts
Newbee

You need to make an invitation for the 150 that invites them to your wedding celebration.  I’ve seen invitations that say, "We’ve tied the knot, and would be honored to celebrate our recent wedding with you"

Post # 4
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

i agree with akimbo–I think you need two sets of invitations; one for the 30 who will attend the ceremony and dinner on Friday, and one set for the rest of the crowd!  Instead of including all the details for Saturday and Sundays events, have the invitation address the most important aspect of the weekend.  then use your wedding web site (if you have one) or a STD to plot out the rest of what you have going on for all of your guests.

Post # 6
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I think the invitations should be one that invites guests to the friday ceremony, with friday details as typical invitations.

the second invitation should work as an invitation that details the weekend plans for both sets of guests lists. Wording can be something along the lines of You are invited to celebrate our marriage or You are invited to the reception celebration of xxxx….

those are not very elegant, but a start. 

Post # 7
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

A search of the internet suggests the following:

Mr. and Mrs. Bride’s Parents

request the pleasure of your company

at a (dinner) reception

in honour of Mr. and Mrs. Your Married Name Day

etc., etc.

or 

Mr. and Mrs. Bride’s Father’s First Name / Last Name

request the pleasure of your company

at the wedding reception for their daughter

etc., etc.

I also like the idea of listing basic info on the invite itself and more details on a wedding website. Instead of "reception" you could always put "a weekend of celebration" or something more general to encompass all the activities… "…request the pleasure of your company at a weekend of celebration honoring the newly married Mr. & Mrs."  Something like that.

Sound like fun, by the way! 

Post # 9
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

The key is to make sure that the second invitation says "celebration (or weekend of celebration) in honor of the marriage…" as opposed to implying that there is a wedding.  It sounds wonderful, by the way.  Your guests (all of them) should have a great time!

The topic ‘2 Day Wedding Invitation Wording (PLEASE help!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors