(Closed) 2 Days In to Mr.Bee’s Plan And……(no, not a proposal)

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
79 posts
Worker bee

@BadaBingBling:  Im trying the plan as well! I got a new gym membership, debating on coloring my hair! tried to tan…got a REALLY bad sunburn! and am currently planning a girls trip with some really close girlfriends…my SO has noticed as well…and since i have backed off the wedding talk hes been the one to initiate(?sp), and has been more relaxed and the arguments have been almost non existance! good luck on your journey through this! (this is also boosting my confidence in myself! I think not getting the proposal was making me focus so much on what could be wrong with me that was causing the hold up, i forgot alot of the good things about myself that my SO says made him fall in love with me in the first place!)

Post # 4
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@BadaBingBling:  me too! its amazing what a bit of fake tan can do.. I dont know if you have the same thing but here we have thosse half moisturiser/ gradual tan ones and never any mistakes! I have started doing my own gel nails and got a little lamp this week, i’m going to start doing the ‘waiting nails’ colours as a little boost ๐Ÿ˜‰

there is usually a waiting drink on the waiting list each week- so maybe instead of cooking you could make your SO a surprise weekend cocktail/mocktail?

neeeed to get back in the gym….

Post # 5
79 posts
Worker bee

@flutterbee:  What kind of fake tanner do you use, i am extremely fair skinned, ( lucky me I take after my red headed momma!)! All the ones i have tried just make me look orange…( like oompa loompa orange! Not cute on anyone!)…thanks for any suggestions!

Post # 6
2224 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

It’s hard for me to do the backup plan. SO sees me doing all these things and he just has the attitude of “Good for you!” lol totally oblivious.

Post # 8
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Okay, I’m just about to start Mr. Bee’s backup plan too.  I’m desperately trying to be patient while I wait, but I REALLY need something to keep my mind off it!  SO and I have stopped talking about engagement, the wedding, etc. (my idea – talking about it made every waiting day feel like an eternity)  Since then, he has been the one to bring it up, and I’ve done my best to “be cool” about it, I think it’s working.  

I’ve always used the gradual tan lotions, but we just got back from a trip to Mexico, so I’m trying as hard as I can to keep my tan.  I’ve been using L’Oreal Sublime Bronze.  It’s a tinted self-tanner, so you can see where it goes on, and I think it works a lot faster than others that I’ve tried.  I definitely recommend it.  

I’m also trying so hard to strengthen and grow my nails(I’ve always been a nail biter) so when I FINALLY have a ring to show off, I don’t have to be conscious of my hands.  I’m taking Biotin and a daily multivitamin, as well as using a strengthening calcium clear polish and I’ve seen some improvement in their strength and growth.  So, things are looking up.  

All that said, I’m still ridiculously impatient and anxious!  Help me stay sane Bees!

Post # 9
2224 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Badabingbling: Well, I’m going back to school to finish my Bachelors then get my Masters, knitting a few baby blankets for my friend and SIL who are due over the summer!, continuously decorating my room (I live at home), taking more days with my son when his dad isnt able to take him, taking more work days, shopping for a new wardrobe, sniffing around the Internet ๐Ÿ˜‰

Id like to hang out with friends more but I don’t have very many… Like 2 or 3. They’re usually busy working when I’m not and vice versa. I bought a paint by numbers type kit and after my blankets are done, that’s my next project. Im also going to start trying adjusting my diet and start learning / adapting to a healthier lifestyle. I’m not joining a gym bc I hate gyms but I’m walking about 20 hours a week (I’m a dog walker) and I just bought a yoga DVD which I really like.

So basically trying to fill up with hobbies. I’d like to make more friends but I’m not sure where/how except maybe when fall semester at school starts.

Post # 10
5 posts
Newbee

@BadaBingBling:  Hi! I’m also a new bee and long time lurker.  I have also decided to take on Mr. Bee’s Backup Plan.  I’ve been with SO for 5.5 years and the waiting started to get overwhelming especially since so many of my friends and our family would keep asking when we would get engaged! *sigh*  Since I started about a week or two ago, I’ve started working out more, hanging out with my friends much more, and I even got my hair colored for the first time.  I’ll be going for a new cut this coming Tuesday.  I must admit that this plan has really helped me focus on myself, get back to hanging out with my friends so much more (which I miss because we’re all so busy working and tending to our relationships [all of us are in pretty serious relationships 4+ years for most of us], and I’m no longer obsessing about when he’s going to pop the question (but I still do think about it lol just not as often).

Hope Mr. Bee’s Plan is helping each of you out!

Post # 11
1318 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m lost… what’s Mr. Bee’s plan?

Post # 12
192 posts
Blushing bee

@softballchic_2006:  aww me too! I am practically blue ๐Ÿ˜‰ I dont know if you have the same brands but in the uk we have Garnier Summer Body and Johnsons Holiday Skin- those are def the best- basically they are 1/2 moisturiser 1/2 tan so really you just get a hint of colour and build it up day by day…

Post # 14
1013 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve cut my hair, trying to work out regularly, I’ve been spending time with my friends at least once a week and have been spending time keeping myself looking good. lol what that means is I have been trying new hair styles, painting my nails regularly, figuring out the best make up for myself and trying new things. I’ve been  obsessed with decorating the house and cleaning. our relationship is strong right now and I’m not so worried about engagament at all. I kNOW he is planning a proposal so I’m sitting back and enjoying my summer!

Post # 15
192 posts
Blushing bee

@Rush1986:  bring on the summer!

I cant wait to see how all the waiting bees go on the list…its so good to have a bunch of people in the same situation..

Post # 16
1013 posts
Bumble bee

@flutterbee:  I agree!! Its often a struggle to be in limbo, but knowing i’m not the only person out there with these feelings makes me feel better.  It mostly makes me feel like i’m not totally insane for feeling this way lol.

The topic ‘2 Days In to Mr.Bee’s Plan And……(no, not a proposal)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors