(Closed) 2 DJ’s one big problem.

posted 6 years ago in Music
Post # 3
5547 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

Personally? Run far far away from the guy who doesn’t have a contract and won’t reply.  Less people are going to remember the epic lighting if the DJ starts playing middle school dance music. 

Post # 4
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

The not returning calls thing + no contract would scare me to death….

Post # 5
2254 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

A wedding vendor who doesn’t do contracts? RUN! Wedding planning is stressful enough as is. Imagine the unneccessary stress this guy’s flakiness is going to add if you go with him. If he’s this hard to get ahold of before you pay him, what do you think he will do after he has your money? You’re getting a more reliable resource for a matching price with a vendor/friend that doesn’t have your gut churning. Definitely go with the second DJ.

Post # 6
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would 100% go with the friend. There’s no contract so nothing to lose with the first guy, and the fact that he doesn’t have a contract AND is hard to get a hold of would make me very wary of him!

Post # 8
5547 posts
Bee Keeper

@HappilyEverAfter54:  To me? That kind of sounds like, if he decides not to show up he is totally off the hook, a verbal contract with no money? There would be nothing you could do but not have music at your reception. 

Post # 9
5296 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

run. Don’t walk. RUN! You have no money invested in him and the other guy sounds LEAGUES better. 100% switch.

Just be sure to get a contract with the friend – it protects you both!

Post # 10
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I would go with the friend and he seems to offer the things you are looking for.

Post # 13
5547 posts
Bee Keeper

@HappilyEverAfter54:  Email? Tell him you have decided to go with someone else. Again, he didn’t get a contract, by his own choice so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Post # 14
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Although hiring friends also isn’t ideal, the flaky no-contract guy is definitely a NO GO!!

Post # 15
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I agree with PPs, go with the friend! I’d be so nervous that the other guy would just flake. Anyone can promise the world if they don’t have to follow through. 

As for getting rid of the other guy, I’d contact him in the way that he’d previously contacted you. Writing is best, so I’d shoot an email out or a letter, and keep a copy for yourself. There is no contract to be breaking, but who knows if he’ll get angry about this. If you have to call, send a follow up letter or email that summarizes your discussion and the date that you had it. Keep a copy for yourself. 

Post # 16
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Oh, a Do-Not-Play-List is a MUST! Glee has ruined Journey for us, so Don’t Stop Believing will NOT be played. WILL NOT! Sorry, We’re a little passionate about our music…

The topic ‘2 DJ’s one big problem.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors