(Closed) 2 dog owners (especially those with kids) please help me!

posted 8 years ago in Pets
  • poll: Please pick an option:
    I have 2 dogs and children and it's no problem!! : (1 votes)
    6 %
    I have 2 dogs and children and it's awful, I would stick with the 1 dog. : (0 votes)
    I have 2 dogs, no children, and am not worried about extra work once we have kids. : (7 votes)
    39 %
    I have 2 dogs, no children, but am really worried about the extra work. : (1 votes)
    6 %
    I have 2 dogs and we're not planning on children : (0 votes)
    I have 1 dog but I like voting in polls! : (8 votes)
    44 %
    I have no dogs but I like voting in polls! : (1 votes)
    6 %
    Other : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    13099 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I have one dog and no children now (but we plan on getting a second dog before we have kids).  But growing up we always had 2-3 dogs and there were 3 of us kids and there never seemed to be a problem.  As kids we loved helping feed them and play with them and go on walks and such!  Obviously when the kids are really little, they can’t share in the responsibilities but I still don’t think you’d have a problem.  I’m the oldest and my parents had 3 dogs when I was born.  I’ve been told I was the “baby from hell” and almost didn’t have any younger siblings because of it and “baby from hell” me and 3 dogs weren’t too much to handle! 🙂

Post # 4
    5670 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

I have two dogs and no children. I think getting them now and training them before kids is much better since they are already starting to be under voice command and walking off leash. I am so glad that my kids will be able to always grow up with pets. I would just be worried that if I didn’t have them now it would be too much work to train a puppy while having an infant and would need to wait until my kids were older.

Amd they keep each other company. They can entertain themselves for a little while, at least much more than one would.

Post # 6
    6572 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2010

I have one dog and no children. But I’ve put a lot of thought into another dog, and children. My hubby is very against it (second dog, not children) mainly b/c our dog is such high maintenence. He has seperation anxiety so our house is suffering from it, he’s always doing something to tear it apart when we’re gone. Also, he’s a big dog, and I wouldn’t trust walking him with a baby, so two of him and a baby just won’t happen. If he were smaller and more well behaved, I might have a chance in convincing my hubby for another dog!

The topic ‘2 dog owners (especially those with kids) please help me!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors