(Closed) 2 dresses, 3 months to go, please help me choose!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress?

1st dress

2nd dress

Other

• Post # 2
    951 posts
    Busy bee

Hard to say since one photo is on you and one is on teh model. 

But if you look and feel more beautiful int eh second dress then go with your gut. 

Post # 3
    498 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

The second dress is prettier I think because it has more going on. The first dress reminds me more of a nightgown. If you are going for a very clean/ subtle wedding then I would go with dress 1 but 2 has more going on so I like it better!

Post # 4
    11375 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2015

You look beautiful in 2, but it’s hard to compre since we don’t have s pic of you in 1. If your heart is with 2, I say go for it! 

Post # 5
    41 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2016

The second dress is much more bridal. You really only get one day where you can wear a gown like that! The other dress is a bit more casual. It might go better with your venue or theme, but I definitely prefer the second! just make sure that if you order it immediately it would still arrive with time for alterations in 3 months!

Post # 7
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

What is your venue?

Post # 9
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

The second dress looks more bridal IMO. If you were having a beach wedding I would say the first dress, but since you are having a church wedding I would choose the second dress. 

Post # 10
    10236 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Well I like the first  one best , I think it has lovely clean lines and a really nice neckline. When  a veil  and bouquet and wedding jewellery   is added, it would look wonderful anywhere .

The second  dress is  nice but   to me , very generic  – no offence meant

Post # 11
    247 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2017

I like the second one! It looks awesome on you and I feel the first one would be better at a beach setting personally!

Post # 12
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I like the first one, BUT, the other posters have a good point.  You can wear the first one to many different events in your lifetime… You can only get away with the second one on your wedding day.  It’s nice to feel extremely glamourous and wedding-esque on your wedding day!  Also, you should always, always wear what you feel better in.  I don’t think you will regret that.  You know what they say, you regret the things you didn’t do more than the things you did.  I’m sure you can save money elsewhere to cover the price of the first dress if needed… or you can sell it.  You can also still wear the first dress to other events and get your “moneys worth” that way.  Hope this helps!

Post # 13
    1292 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    css0411:   this is what I was thinking too! I love the first dress, but it seems more of a destination wedding- hair blowing in the breeze, getting married outside in the sunshine on a beach / in a garden type of dress.

Dress 2 is more of a tradition church wedding type of gown. Much more ‘bridal’ than the first.

Post # 14
    38 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: February 2017

I love the first dress, especially the back. But I agree that you could wear that many places. Even rehearsal dinner! But you’re only a bride once. (Hopefully! I’m on my second!). The second one is more bridal and special and will make you feel super special! 

Post # 15
    607 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

The second dress is really pretty and looks more bridal. The first pic looks like a dress you’d wear to a banquet or formal party. I fee like it’s too simple.

The topic ‘2 dresses, 3 months to go, please help me choose!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors