(Closed) 2 dresses, can anyone ID?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
1801 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

That second one reminds me of Casablanca.

Post # 5
1801 posts
Buzzing bee

Try looking up the photos on TinEye.  I couldn’t save your photos to my computer, they tried to save as a Firefox doc rather than jpeg.  But you can upload them and it’ll see if it can find the photo for you.

Post # 6
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

First one’s Alvina Valenta – AV9752 from the 2007 collection.

Post # 9
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@ijustrockout: You’re very welcome! Once you start trying on dresses, you may be surprised to find you like dresses you never gave a second thought to before. It’s always a good idea to experiment with a few different styles and play dress up. If you can’t find anything you like, you can always go the custom route and have a local seamstress make your dress. It looks like you like simple, clean designs which shouldn’t be difficult for a skilled seamstress to create.

Post # 11
1801 posts
Buzzing bee

Maybe see if you can find something closer to an a-line, empire or sheath cut, rather than mermaid/fit and flare to keep from showing your hip bones.  A lot of those styles will still be simple and elegant to be appropriate for both your venues.

Post # 13
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

i just want to say don’t rule anything out until you try it on. i have pretty good-sized hips and always figured i’d end up with an a-line, but found an amazing trumpet style that looks amazing. it’s great, having hips can actually be a benefit!

The topic ‘2 dresses, can anyone ID?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors