(Closed) 2 family weddings in a month

posted 6 years ago in Family
Post # 3
12954 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I don’t have any advice for you, but wanted to bump in case other bees had some ideas!

Has your uncle reserved a venue or paid any deposits?  Is it worth talking to him about your concerns?  I’m so sorry you have to add this added stress into your wedding planning!

BUt, for what it’s worth, if I had to pick a vacation to combine with a wedding, I’d totally pick Cancun over California.  Just saying.. 🙂

Post # 4
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think you are overreacting because your weddings are a month apart. I can understand your worry about certain family members choosing his wedding over yours. Especially since you are having an expensive destination wedding, you mentioned that relatives might not come because of the cost. I’d like to think that relatives choose each wedding they will attend without comparing it to the other and I don’t think your Uncle meant to put you in a bad situation by choosing this date. 

Post # 5
4194 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

I don’t think you need to worry about these- they’re a month apart. I’ve gone to two out of state weddings (requiring taking off work) in the same month.

I agree with monkeyface:  I’d like to think that relatives choose each wedding they will attend without comparing it to the other and I don’t think your Uncle meant to put you in a bad situation by choosing this date. 

The topic ‘2 family weddings in a month’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors