(Closed) 2 guest books??

posted 6 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
2095 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think your station is fine. A lot of people walk right by the books or get annoyed waiting to sign them or forget. Your idea sounds fun and more active. I feel it will grab their attention a bit more.

Post # 4
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I defintely do not think you need both!  I am having a photobooth with the scrapbook included and thats it.  If they are already writing well wishes in one there is no need for the other.

Post # 5
969 posts
Busy bee

@Bchilders:  My husband and I wanted to be “different” when it came to our wedding and one way we did that was by having two guestbooks!

We created a slightly more traditional one through Shutterfly using our engagement photos.  It was fun customizing and being able to share those photos with everyone at the wedding.  Plus, it wasn’t just signatures, there was plenty of space for notes like in a yearbook.  There were even pages that had MadLibs type sections for people to fill out!  It was fun.  🙂

Our second guestbook was much less traditional.  In fact, it wasn’t a book at all!  We chose to professionally print onto high quality paper a sketch of a bare tree.  Above the tree we put our names.  Below it was our wedding date.  After people signed the first guest book, they chose one of two color inks (we used dark purple and dark blue as those were our wedding colors) to press their thimb into.  Then, they put their thumbprint on a tree branch to look like leaves!  The result is an offbeat and unforgettable unique piece of art that our friends and family helped create.  🙂

More traditional photo guestbooks that people can sign are great for laying on a coffee table and glancing through every-once-in-a-while.  The wall art thumbprint gueatbooks is great for enjoying everyday.

I suggest you do what’s right for you and your man.  🙂

The topic ‘2 guest books??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors