(Closed) 2 hours for the whole shebang!

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 4
1438 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

It kind of seem like your rushing it. I mean if you dont want to dance or anything then yeah i think it will work in that time frame.

Post # 5
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

It use to be that most weddings were this way and I see nothing wrong with you having it like this! Actually, I would prefer to go to a wedding that doesn’t take up the whole day/evening. My DH’s cousin had a punch and cake reception (no dancing) and I think their timeline was exactly like yours.

For the ceremony, if you want to add something where you don’t really have to do much…we added this into ours:

Hand Blessing

Post # 6
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

It would be a good idea to give yourself some ‘buffer’ time somewhere.  

Post # 7
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I think it depends on your region and what’s acceptable. If this is what’s done in your area on a Sunday, then sure, it’s fine. But, by me, a 1.5 – 2 hour wedding/reception is unheard of and would be met with raised eyebrows.

Post # 10
79 posts
Worker bee

I also had a small wedding with family only… It was in a church and lasted about the same amount of time… We didn’t do dancing or drinking either… A wonderful day it was!

Post # 12
79 posts
Worker bee

I can’t say for you but I can say for me the day did not feel rushed in any way at all… We didn’t even have a time frame because we could use the Church all day if we wanted… We had the reception there and all together with the ceremony it only lasted like 2 hours… 🙂

Post # 13
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think this is way too short.  If there were fewer guests, it might work, but there’s no way you can talk to 100 guests in 1.5 hours… that’s less than a minute per person, which isn’t really acceptable.

Post # 14
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

This seems so sad to me.  This is such a special day in your life.  why would you want to rush it.  2 hours is shorter than most movies these days, (to put in in perspective of just how short it is).  

Even without any dancing or drinking, I think you’ll need, and ultimately want more time to socialize with your guests and just revel in the happiness.  Think about it like a party.  Have you ever left a party or a dinner party after an hour and a half?

Post # 15
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

personally I would change it to 1:30, people can go to the earlier church service that week if they need to, and when I worked at a bakery we had everything ready for wedding cakes the night before all we had to do was stack them, Is that what they are trying to do or are they doing the whole thing between church and ceremony?

I personally LOVE short and simple weddings but I don’t want you to feel rushed out the door on your big day!

The topic ‘2 hours for the whole shebang!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors