(Closed) 2 in heel too low for BMs in knee-length dresses?

posted 8 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
1315 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Oh poor you! It’s your day, you hold your ground if it’s that important to you.

My bms are shorter than me, but my fella is same height as me, so I’m wearing flats. I’ve ordered all of my bms to pick any heel they like, as long as they’re still shorter than me on the day. One or two aren’t best pleased, but I’m not budging.

Also, they love fake tan, and I hate it. No offense to anyone who likes it, I just can’t stand the stuff. So there was a lot of giving out when I vetoed their preferred orangeness, so I agreed to them having a very light tan applied. They’re annoyed, but I don’t care. They can each be as orange as they like on their own time, this is MY wedding! 

Don’t let them bully you! Stay strong!

Or, how about letting them get higher heels they can wear after ceremony and photos etc? I’d imagine it won’t matter much during the reception?

Post # 4
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh I feel you pain I am not very tall mysel 5’2 105 lbs and my sis who is 13 is on her way to being taller then I am, all my BMs are much taller and are nice figured woman! My flower girl shot up to 4’10. So I look like a little kid compared to my lovely ladies.

I will be sporting 3 inches and they will be in two we have tea length Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. I didn’t want to be thinking the whole time I was on stage of how little I looked compared to everyone else. It is your day ! you do what feel comfortable to you! Maybe tell you girls how you feel and why. I hope they would understand.

Post # 5
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

think about it from their perspective – wouldn’t you want to wear whatever you’re comfortable in?  They know they’re in the background, the bride being the main focus.  I doubt they’re trying to contradict you just to make you mad, they just don’t like you’re choices. 
My main goal was to make my bridesmaids feel very welcome and comfortable without being demanding.  I’m very low key so I don’t care about shoe height or even color.  If you really think 1″ difference will make you feel x10 better then do it, but make sure that 1″ is worth it.

Post # 6
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think they should be happy with a 2″ heel.  It would be one thing if you were making them wear the flats but a 2″ heel should look fine!  My wedding shoes are only 2.25″!!  It’s not like those heels are going to make them look funny or anything.  And they’re $17 shoes – if they hate them, they never have to wear them again and they really aren’t out much.  I say have them wear the 2″ heels and be done with it!

The topic ‘2 in heel too low for BMs in knee-length dresses?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors