(Closed) 2 infants die in mommy’s bed… 14 months apart

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
5547 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

From my nursing class, even though they don’t know exactly what causes it it can be somehow related to a genetic factor because they have found it is a higher risk if a previous child died from SIDS. That is so sad though!!

Post # 4
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

there is also a theory involving a fungus, which could also account for why once a sids death has occured, subsequen babies are at a higher risk of sids.

Post # 5
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

🙁 so sad. Nancy Grace is kinda nutty though so I would take her opinions with a grain of salt

Post # 8
5296 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

ok, now I gotta run off to Google. I swear I read a story about a mom who lost several babies to SIDS (in reader’s digest) and they eventually charged the mom with murder…but I can’t remember the outcome. 

Post # 12
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

SIDS is rare, but unfortunately once one child dies of SIDS you run an increased risk of it happening again with the next baby.

Post # 13
1798 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

This is sad. I hate it when people jump to conclusions in these cases. I hope they do an investigation and figure out if something else was going on, but until then people should just leave it alone and let the family grieve.

Post # 14
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

SIDS II is thought to be genetically-linked.

The topic ‘2 infants die in mommy’s bed… 14 months apart’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors