9806 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have 2

Post # 33
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Not tacky at all. I was one of two Maid/Matron of Honor in the same wedding. Technically, I was a maid of honor and the other happened to be a matron of honor.

It was weird for me when I found out that there was another Maid/Matron of Honor simply because the bride didn’t tell everyone their roles. I didn’t care or think it was weird that she had two. I just thought it was weird that no one else knew what everyone else was. So be upfront about it if you do.

That being said, it’s your wedding. Your friend should understand if you want your sister to be your Maid/Matron of Honor. Same goes for your sister if you want to honor your friend with the title instead. You still have to pick one to stand closest to you during the ceremony, though.

Post # 34
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have 7 girls in total but 2 are Maid/Matron of Honor. Both my girls were totally cool with it and it’s worked out well.

I don’t thinkit’s tacky at all and I don’t think anyone would be upset by it.I

Post # 35
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@ksodergren:  nope. i have 2 attendants and i named one matron of honor and the other maid of honor. you can do whatever you want!

Post # 36
1409 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m having 2 MOHs (my sister and bff), and only one bridesmaid, and a bridesman (my brother)

, but I think everyone will be happy. My MOHs already get along, I moved six hours away but they’re gym buddies. My Fiance is also having two best men (his two brothers) and a groomslady and a groomsdyke (her term lol, she’ll be wearing a tux/suit). But now that I think about it maybe our bridesman and groomslady should just switch places… hmm.

Post # 37
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I am having two Matrons of Honor… I wish I would’ve gotten married before my friend so I could’ve had one Matron and one Maid, but no dice, she beat me by a year!  The other two BMs are my younger sister and my future sister-in-law.

I wanted to honor my big sis as my Maid/Matron of Honor, though I was only a Bridesmaid or Best Man in her wedding because there are 8 years between us in age.  She is one of my closest friends and has helped me become who I am, so I feel like I HAVE to have her as my Maid/Matron of Honor.  At the same time, she has two small children and I don’t want to put the burden of those duties onto her and stress her out, plus she is older, so I don’t think she wants to talk “wedding stuff” with me all the time.  So I’m having my friend who just got married this year be the other Maid/Matron of Honor, and we can do all the wedding talk and bridal shows together.  Also, my big sis hates public speaking, so I won’t make her give a speech in front of people she doesn’t know at the wedding, but if she wants to give one at the rehearsal dinner where there will be a smaller group, she can.  Friend Maid/Matron of Honor maybe can give a speech at the reception if we decide to do speeches at the reception.

I’m designating their responsibilities as such:

Big sis Maid/Matron of Honor:  Plan the shower, stand next to me, hold my bouquet, etc.

Best Friend Maid/Matron of Honor:  Plan the bachelorette, do the “stuff” with me, lead the party at the reception.

For all intents and purposes, my sister is the Maid/Matron of Honor being honored, and my friend is like the lead Bridesmaid or Best Man helping with Maid/Matron of Honor duties and will still be honored with the title.  I feel like it’s the best for everyone involved.

Post # 38
44 posts
Newbee

@ksodergren:  Definitely not tacky! I’m having 2 MOH’s as well. We all 3 grew up together and were all best friends growing up. I would’ve felt weird just picking one over the other so, my choice was pretty easy – ask them both! 🙂

Post # 39
1594 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I have younger twin sisters so I had 2 maids of honor.  It wasn’t weird at all. It would be weirder if I choose one (which I woudn’t have done anyway).  

Post # 40
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I am having BOTH my sisters stand next to me as my maids of honor.  Tacky would be the furthest word I would use when choosing more than one 🙂  It really is your very own, personal decision, and should not affect/impact your guests whatsoever!

With that said, I am having THEM choose whom does what, and in what order.  For instance, if one sister wants to be walk in last at the church (before me), then the other one can be announced into the reception last (before me).  If one or the other wants to do the toast, or both do a combined toast, then that is fine with me too!

Post # 41
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Not tacky AT ALL.  I have two sisters and they are both MOHs.  (although one will be a matron of honor b/c she gets married a month before me)

Post # 42
1341 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@ksodergren:  Nah, it doesn’t matter at all!!  I promise, you’re totally fine.  🙂

Post # 43
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I have 2 MOHs and see nothing wrong with it.

Post # 44
2178 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

i am having only a maid of honor (bff) and matron of honor (sister) 

To be honest I didnt really want to have much if a bridal party but since my sistet is due only 2weeks before the wedding I know there is a chance she might not be there/be very very uncomfortable and unable to do much morethan sit there….. she got annoyed but I felt that I needed someone to be there for me and luckily she got over it

she felt the othet girl should have jist been a Bridesmaid or Best Man but to be honest she (bff) is the one who has helped w everything bc sister is  busy w pregnancy (which us totally ok/expected) and I thought it was rude for her to do 99%of work but get a.’lesser’ title

Post # 45
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I have 2 MOH! Do what you want if people think its tacky well too bad!

Post # 46
13905 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I had two (my sister and my SIL) — and I very much regretted it.  One did all the work, and the other did nothing.  If I could do it over again, I’d just have one.

The topic ‘2 Maid of Honor's? BE HONEST!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors