(Closed) 2 Maids of Honor, 2 Best Men?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
3697 posts
Sugar bee

Definitely fine to have two of either or each.

My sister and her now-husband had two of each at their wedding a few years ago – myself and my other sister were MOHs, and the groom’s only brother (to whom he was not especially close) and his best friend were the two BMs. They had big wedding parties – I think 7 or 8 people standing up on each side?

As dual MOHs, we sort of split responsibilities: my sister, who is “girlier” than I am, helped with wrangling the veil and train, etc., while I did the more logistical stuff like helping keep things on schedule at the reception, directing traffic, etc.

At our upcoming wedding, I’ll also have my two sisters as maid and matron of honor, with a similar division of responsibilities. We’ll also have my brother (who will probably stand on my side). Fiance, who is an only child, is having two male and one female friends stand up with him. Only one of his guys will be called “best man”, so I’ll just have one of my sisters walk with the regular groomsman, and then my brother as “bridesman” walk with his “groomsmaid.” Wink

Post # 4
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think it’s fine to do whatever you want to do. I have two sisters so they are both my maids of honor but we’re technically not really designating anyone to be those. FH doesn’t have a designated best man per se (as in nothing in the program will say best man just groom’s guys). 

Post # 5
11752 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Yes! I have 2 sisters, both of which are MOH’s (one Matron, one Maid). My Fiance has no brothers, so he chose his 2 best friends to both be his Best Man. I see no issue with it.

The topic ‘2 Maids of Honor, 2 Best Men?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors