(Closed) 2 MOH?

posted 9 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

It’s completely up to you on if you want either of them to actually be moh instead of just a bm. It’s fine to have 2 moh’s though. I have both of my older sisters serving as moh’s. I’ve seen others do it before and it works out fine.

Post # 4
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

sorry, my last post isn’t very cohesive….i’m exhausted. lol! good luck with your decision!

Post # 5
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

You can definitely have two MOH’s.

I have 3 sisters and we are taking the "Friends" approach. I was Sis3’s Maid/Matron of Honor, Sis 2 is my Maid/Matron of Honor, Sis 1 will be Sis 2’s and Sis 3 will be Sis 1. Round robin.

Post # 6
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

i was in a similar boat. i have two older sisters who are best friends with each other. i’m not super close to either. but both had the other 2 of us as MOH’s. so, after a lot of thought, i decided i would just follow suit and have both of them since that’s what they had done. they don’t really know me all that well, but it means a lot to them. and i’ve still got my 4 closest friends in the wedding party. Fiance has his two brothers in his too, and one of them he’s not all that close to. but we decided that they are family and will be a part of our lives forever, so it made sense. good luck with you decision!

Post # 8
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery

Yeah, you can definitely have 2 MOH’s. I am thinking of having 2 – my cousin and a friend. I think it’s even more justifiable in your case since you have 2 sisters. I am in a wedding where the bride made both her sisters the Maid/Matron of Honor, and I didn’t think it was strange at all. 

Post # 9
142 posts
Blushing bee

I’m having 2 MOH’s and no bridesmaids. I wanted my two best girlfriends up there with me, but I didn’t want to choose one over the other, soo…

And since one of them is already married and I HATE the term "matron of honour" I’ve named them both my "Ladies of Honour" instead.

So I vote go ahead and do it! Just make sure you divide up the Maid/Matron of Honor tasks so everyone knows what they’re expected to handle. It’s your wedding, do it however you want!! 

Post # 10
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I’m having two MOH’s as well, while my youngest sister is serving as junior bridesmaid (she’ll be 10 at the time). I’d definitely keep it in the family so you can maintain you and your FI’s plan to just have two people serving. You will, however, have to deal with who stands next to you, because, well, logistically speaking only one person can stand next to you! Why don’t you have the closer sister closest to you, while the other sister is in charge of arranging your veil, holding your flowers, etc. That might assuage whatever hurt feelings she may have. I know the feeling though…my 24 year old cousin was PISSED that I wanted my younger sister to be one of my maids of honor! It was a big load of drama for a while but she finally apologized and admitted to being entirely ridiculous. 🙂 Good luck!

Post # 11
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@LisaBee We’re planning on having around 160-175 (we tried to keep it at 150…but it was too dang hard!). We did talk about how the size of the wedding party should reflect the size of the wedding. My Fiance could have added person after person who had had any type of relationship with him if i would have let him! I think that your wedding is probably in the somewhat of the same moderate size range as mine. 4-5 seems to be a pretty typical amount of BM’s…so i say go for it! its your wedding day and you want to surround yourself with the people that mean the most! don’t not have your 3 close friends soley b/c of size matters. girl, do what makes you happy! and i’m sure they would all be HONORED! i chose that many because, well, i had to have my sisters, but wasn’t willing to knock out two girls that mean tons to me too! good luck!

The topic ‘2 MOH?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors