(Closed) 2 MOH’s?

posted 9 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I think it’s fine! I have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor, plus 6 bridesmaids. It’s a little non-traditional, but if those two people mean a lot to you then I say go for it! I wouldn’t ask her to be a Maid/Matron of Honor just based on the fact that she’s going to help you make things though.

Post # 5
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

I have a Maid of Honor and Matron of Honor. 🙂 You’re fine with two MOHs. 🙂

Post # 6
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

I think you can do whatever you like!  My BIL had two best men…

Post # 8
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - Kindred Oaks, Georgetown

I’ve got two co-MOHs. My sister lives out of state (well she’s moving close to me in a couple weeks but I didn’t know that at the time) so I asked my local friend too since she’d be around to dress shop and venue hunt and craft. I think it’s totally fine to have 2.

Post # 9
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Yea I definitely think it’ll be fine then! The walking order sounds fine too. You could have the Bridesmaid or Best Man walk down with your other Maid/Matron of Honor to even things up, but either way I’m sure it’ll be great.

Post # 10
1230 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Definitely have 2 MOH’s if you want! I agree with luckyyou–you could have the Bridesmaid or Best Man walk in with the other Maid/Matron of Honor if you think that would even things up a bit, if not, I think it would fine to have one Maid/Matron of Honor walk in with a Groomsmen and one Maid/Matron of Honor walk by herself.

Post # 11
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I have 2 MOHs and I love it!  We have a big wedding party (7 on my side, 8 on his) and my Fiance wanted 2 best men, so I thought I’d have 2 MOHs. With my original Maid/Matron of Honor there was never any question it would be her — we’ve been best friends for 8 years and she is one of the best people I know.  In deciding who my second Maid/Matron of Honor would be (I’m really close to all of the girls) I ended up picking a friend who’s in the same area, would feel that it was less of a burden time-wise than my other friends who work crazy jobs (attorney, doctorm etc.) — and she just happens to be an amazing party planner too!  I love it.

Post # 12
1205 posts
Bumble bee

I also have a maid of honor and a matron of honor…  go for it!

Post # 13
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I have 2 MOH’s too!  The more the merrier…I just couldn’t decide between my 2 sisters, so I just have 2.

Post # 15
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I had two Matrons of Honor (my two sisters).  I say go for it!  I think your current Maid/Matron of Honor would understand.

Post # 16
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m with Miss Cake! My sister lives in Washington state and I needed a strong support here. So I also asked my BFF to be a Maid/Matron of Honor. My only regret is that I didn’t talk to my sister about it first. She pretended she was fine with it until she blew up and sent me the meanest email ever. Then I rationalized with her and everything is fine now. They actually love having a buddy to bounce ideas off. I felt my BFF had earned the title by being so unbelieveably helpful. When I told her my sister was upset she went above and beyond and told me if I changed my mind she would happily be a Bridesmaid. This made the decision even easier. She is a true friend and support and I wanted to honor her. Go with your heart! If you want 2 have 2!

The topic ‘2 MOH’s?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors