(Closed) 2 MOH’S???help

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

It’s totally possible to have two maids of honor… BUT if I were you I’d wait until about 6-9 months before your wedding to officially select any wedding party members. 

Post # 4
Bee
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

Congratulations on your engagement!

I have two maids of honor… The three of us grew up together and we were similar — the three muskateers! 😀 I couldn’t imagine choosing one over the other so I chose them both! We’ve got two months to go and everything has worked out perfectly. If you have any specific logistic questions feel free to ask me!

Post # 6
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I had 2 Matron of Honors in my wedding!  I only had 2 stand up with me as did Darling Husband, so he also had 2 Best Men!!  

Post # 8
Bee
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

@LoMonroe:  They are going to walk down the aisle together, but Maid/Matron of Honor A is going to stand right next to me during the ceremony. She’ll hold my bouquet and fix my train for me. Maid/Matron of Honor B will sign the certificate. I did it more on personality than anything else… Maid/Matron of Honor A has been a bridesmaid many times and knows the deal with holding the bouquet/fixing my train, etc. Meanwhile, Maid/Matron of Honor B will still get special recognition since she will be signing the certificate. Oh and they will each give a speech at the reception.

Post # 9
2825 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I have two sisters and couldn’t decided which one I wanted to be my maid of honor, so I made them both… It’s perfectly acceptable! 🙂

Post # 10
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I had two MOHs!  The three of us grew up together and it would have been way too weird to pick one over the other – they actually loved it because they did a joint speech at the reception and felt like it took some of the pressure off =)

Post # 11
3121 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have 2!  My best friend from childhood and my best friend from college!

Post # 12
1217 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I had pretty much the  same problem so I have two MOHs – I really don’t think it’s a big deal! Don’t want to hurt either girl’s feelings!

Post # 13
788 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Thats my plan for my wedding party. We are only having a bridal party of 4 besides us. So my best friend and my cousin (who is like a sister to me), shall be my maids of honour, and FI’s two younger brothers are his best men.

Post # 14
4193 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

I’m having two matrons of honor, women I’ve known for 20 years. One lives an hour away from me, the other three hours away, so the one who lives closer will hold my bouquet/sign the license- she’s been able to help out so much more with planning/shopping/etc.

I’m only having two women in the bridal party, and I didn’t want to “pick” one over the other.

Post # 15
586 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have two Maid/Matron of Honor. We called ourselves the tripod for years. Heck I even told them I was having both of them because they are both nuts and the two of them together might make a normal person. They are both in college so I bet it is nice to split the duties and not have to be worried about so much wedding stuff and their studies. I’m doing it by height so I don’t offend the girls because I really don’t love one girl more than the other.

Post # 16
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I have three MOHs! We have all been inseperable for 10+ years and there was no way to choose. I have eight bridesmaids all together and so far it’s worked out well because the three Maid/Matron of Honor have each other to lean on to plan things together. My only worry is who to choose to be our official “witness”…but go for it girl!

The topic ‘2 MOH’S???help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors