(Closed) 2 moms, no dad but grandparents. Aisle question

posted 6 years ago in LGBTQ
Post # 3
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Wowzers. That’s a lot of people to try to squeeze into the aisle! I think ‘other’ mother will understand that you’ve reached max capacity for the walk. Perhaps have her do a reading? or be part of a unity candle ceremony? If your in-laws are coming down the aisle you could have her walk with them, or just come down on her own/with another Bridal Party or family member, that would acknowledge her special place but make things logistically way easier and keep your birth mother/grandparents happy.

Post # 4
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Wow that is hard!!!! but maybe have your “other” mom light the unity candle have your grandparents walk you half way down your bio mom the rest of the way. So that everyone is involved….

Post # 6
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@SillyStacey:  I think that is super sweet. And honestly, I really think this is one the those things she really SHOULD understand (not necessarily that she will, but she should). You’re doing a lot to incorporate her into your wedding and I think after having pretty much abandoned you as a kid, she should get that she hasn’t earned the right to walk you down the aisle as much as your birth mom has. I say you talk to other-mother about this and really just say “you know, I really want you involved in my wedding, you’re very important to me. I have a pretty crowded walk down the aisle that I’ve always dreamed of, but it would be super meaningful to me if you would [insert whatever here: reading, candle, ring presentation]”  Reiterate how much you want her involved and how you would be touched if she did X/Y/Z…don’t bother delving into why you don’t want her walking you down the aisle, just focus on the things you do want her involved in

Good luck!!

The topic ‘2 moms, no dad but grandparents. Aisle question’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors