(Closed) 2 Months befoer wedding we have venue change – Need wording help

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Oh no!!!! Have you mailed out your invites yet? 

Post # 4
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Can you place a label over the old part?  Just cover it up completely and have the label say the new location?  Might look a little odd but I’m sure word of mouth could spread about your change in location and the reason for the label on the invites.

Post # 6
38 posts
Newbee

Hmmm…I would try something like the following:

The bride and groom have been informed that their reception venue, BLAH BLAH BLAH, has permanently closed it’s doors, an unfortunate event that occurred after the printing of wedding invitations. The reception celebration has since been relocated to BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

Post # 7
463 posts
Helper bee

Okay, so this is just my humble opinion.  I know that othersw might not agree with me because it might cost you more money or time.

If I were in your position, I would have them reprinted  (if and only if, I would have ample time to have them sent out on time).  If I know that I wouldn’t have time for a reprint, I would go ahead and send out the invites with the original reception venue and send out a correction card two or three weeks after.  From an aesthetic point of view, I wouldn’t know how to correct the venue issue on the original invite.  And for some reason, I don’t like the idea of having a correction card as an insert to the original invitation.  I wouldn’t want two reception addresses in the invites because it would look like I didn’t make an effort enough to correct the original invitation.  Two venues in one invitation?  I wouldn’t…  I would almost say, “if you had enough time to print an enclosure card, why not just go all the way and redo the invites?”

Good luck!

Post # 8
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I agree with the above. Something simple and to the point. It might be a nice aside if you dated the card like it was a letter or a memo and signed it. Might help clear up any confusion of guests looking at both pieces like WTF.

So like:

February 20, 2010

Unfortunately, we just learned that The Closed Place has closed its doors last month. We have made arrangements for our reception to take place on the same date and time, but be held instead at The New Place, 123 Main Street, This Town, etc. We hope you can join us at The New Place to celebrate!

Sincerely,
                      Tweety3474 and Fiance

[sign here]

Post # 9
282 posts
Helper bee

I like whitesonnet’s and citywalkr76’s suggestions. We did a recpetion card-sized insert (about 1/4 of a regular sheet of paper) for our invites that had our website and hotel information on it. We went to small print shop and they helped us select a coordinating paper and matching ink to our invites. We did all the inserts (300 or so) for under $50.

The topic ‘2 Months befoer wedding we have venue change – Need wording help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors