(Closed) 2 months enough time to lose 5 and tone up?

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Absolutely! Just drink more water and cut down on your total intake every day. Carbs don’t matter, you have enough time.

Post # 4
1156 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2005 - Westside Loft, New York

Yes it’s definitely doable!  You’ll notice a difference in your arms pretty quickly with some weight training. 1 pound per week is a reasonable, healthy amount to lose when you’re exercising and eating right.  Eating right (lots of chicken, fish and veggies) is what really makes the pounds melt off for me (moreso than exercise).

Good luck!

Post # 5
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Do weight watchers online. You never have to go to a meeting. It tracks your calories and exercise hours. It is very eye-opening because you can see the little things in your diet that are holding you back.

I am a personal fitness trainer in Beverly Hills with many A list celebrity clients. I recommend this to everyone.

Good luck! Feel free to ask me anything.

Post # 6
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Oh easily! Aim for a pound a week with eating right and some cardio/weight training and you will be golden!

Post # 7
3332 posts
Sugar bee

It’s definitely do-able.  I’m with Mrs. Bee, you can definitely see a difference in your arms after only a few weeks.  Combine that with healthy eating and I think you’re in great shape to tone up.

Post # 8
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

WW online will do this for you (5 pounds) EASY. They gear your diet to help you drop 2 pounds per week, which is a healthy, sustainable pace–losing one pound per week would be totally a cinch. Toning up can be done by light strength training (lifting small weights) 3-4 days per week… if you just focus on upper body (what people will still be able to see in your dress, most likely), you can do this in 20-30 minutes per session, which is pretty small, really!

Good luck!

Post # 9
2681 posts
Sugar bee

Definitely!  You dont have to give up carbs, just eat better and smaller portions.  At least you sound like you work out somewhat, which is more than I can say for myself 🙂

Post # 10
1718 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country

ABSOLUTELY! I was in the same situation. Watch your salt intake and be sure to hit the gym regularly! 5lb in 2 months was… well, I won’t say EASY, but if you’re focused, it’s very doable.

Post # 11
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Definitely.  I really liked the 30 Day Shred (http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1250555491&sr=8-1) and The Wedding Workout (http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Health-Wedding-Marie-Forleo/dp/B000HEWEGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1250555533&sr=1-1).  Lots of water, a little exercise most days, and a reasonable diet should definitely do the trick!

Post # 12
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I’m in the same boat! I want to lose 5 lbs for the honeymoon especially and tone my arms for the wedding day. I think I will try WW online because I already eat pretty healthy and work out so it might help me identify things to cut out or down on.

Post # 13
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

Yes, definitely doable! That’s even doable in a month. (Well, at least the 5lbs part)

Post # 14
2342 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

It’s totally do-able!!  I wouldn’t suggest losing the carbs totally (I gained weight that way).  But just count calories (points-Weight Watchers) and I work out 3-4 times a week!  And to work out your arms..i LOVE YOGA!!

Post # 15
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I am in the same boat – inspired by Ms. Stilleto, I’m staring 2-a-days!  Yesterday was my first – and went better than expected.  Although, today, I won’t get to do anything because of piror commitments.  But I do need to watch what I’m eating, I always find that most difficult and think I might sign up for WW today!

Post # 16
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - St. Thomas of Villanova Church & the F.U.E.L. House

Definitely!  But try to make your focus losing inches, and not weight — because if you’re toning up, hopefully you’re building muscle, which is lean for sure, but weighs more than fat!

The topic ‘2 months enough time to lose 5 and tone up?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors