(Closed) 2 months out and adding a bridal party member?

posted 5 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
2383 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: NJ

Tell him exactly that! That you wanted him in the wedding all along, but thought he would be deployed. That you are happy he will be able to be there, and would he like to be a member of the wedding party.

It isn’t an afterthought in this circumstance.

Post # 3
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I think if you want him standting with you, you should ask him. Since he was supposed to be deployed, and is now going to be around, I would guess that he would understand the situation and also be honored that you want him involved. 

My Fiance added one of his friends later in the game, and they were honored to be asked, and did not take offense that it was later than the other groomsmen. 

Post # 4
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
foshshly:  Nope.  Give him those reasons and ask him.  Your reasons are absolutely valid and since you didn’t think he would be there you didn’t ask him.  I say go for it.

Post # 5
530 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
foshshly:  Talk it over with him and see, and don’t worry about guys on girls side, I have a maid and man of honour, my two best friends. Screw what’s normal! 

The topic ‘2 months out and adding a bridal party member?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors