(Closed) 2 months till wedding and I'm feeling super overwhelmed!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted 6 years ago in Beehive
Post # 2
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
DesBride:  Everything will work out in the end!! I am now 5 days out (eek!!) and I have to say that the 2 month mark was the absolute WORST!! The height of invites and dress fittings and paying vendors, etc, etc. I know it’s no consolation, but things do get better!

Just remember that in the end all that matters is you two are married! Think about delegating tasks to Fiance too in order to lower your stress and task list; that really helped me out! 

Post # 3
514 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Stop. Breathe. It will be ok.

Make a list of everything you need to do and cross off anything that doesn’t really matter all that much. Can you take a day, or half a day, off to tackle some things from your list?

Can you call your Maid/Matron of Honor and tell her how you’re feeling? She might think you’re on top of things and don’t really need her help!

Are the invitations worth the stress? If so, can you get them done elsewhere? If not, can you just get something out? Call the lady and tell her that, unless you have what you ordered by x date, you will be taking your business elsewhere. Have a backup plan in case she’s not able to deliver. Is there anything us bees can help with?

Finally, take a day – or part of a day – just to yourself. Go see a movie, have a massage, go for a walk, or just dedicate an afternoon to lazing on the couch. No planning or thinking about planning – just let your mind relax. You got this!

Post # 4
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Girl I completely understand!

I have two months + six days & I just feel like I have no time!

With working full time + tons of extra curricular activities + wedding planning it’s just so much to take on! People keep asking “How long to go?! You be so excited?!” And I’m just like… YEP I’m excited but I have SO much to do!

PLUS I was in a car crash last week so dealing with that also!

Post # 5
190 posts
Blushing bee

Same boat! 56 days to go and it’s still full steam ahead.. We finally got the invites out and that made me feel a little less overwhelmed but heaps to do still. Hang in there May brides!

Post # 6
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Im so sorry this is happening to you, Im afraid for whats coming to me as the months get closer to my wedding day. Just remember that not everything is going to go smoothly and your wedding is about marrying the man of your dreams and starting a new life with him! After the wedding you will laugh about how crazy and stressful everything was but youre glad everything came out perfect because you married your amazing man!!

Post # 7
293 posts
Helper bee

As much as I’m sorry for your stressed situation… I’m glad to hear I’m not alone!

My wedding is on May 2nd and I too feel like I’ve still got so much more to do. Last week was pretty big with invites arriving and needing assembling/addressing & posting, my dress came in, we locked down one of the classic cars, ordered FI’s ring, booked my hair & make up trial, worked on some DIY and started thinking about Vows and speeches…. phew!

I feel like for every item I cross off my list, another 2 get added. It doesn’t help that Fiance was relocated for work 6 weeks ago and now lives 7 hours drive away – I’m staying here for work and  to finish planning (where the wedding will be) until we move after the honeymoon (I don’t do things by halves!).

I am trying to put aside some time each night that is wedding free and also looking forward to things like a massage this week and a facial next week to keep me sane.

Hang in there fellow May brides, we gott his!

Post # 9
1678 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
DesBride:  ah yes…the 2 month mark was nightmarish for me as well!

as said before, make a list. i found that making one with boxes that had to be checked off made me feel like things were actually getting done (that makes me sound crazy but it worked for me!) – my husband and i sat down and wrote down every single teeny tiny little thing that had to be done, and set goal dates for when they would be completed, and then created a coordinating calendar. we promised ourselves that we would work on as much as we could as often as we could, and gave ourselves at least one day a week that was wedding-free.

don’t sweat the small stuff. things will happen…it won’t be perfect…but you’re getting married so yay!!! enjoy it. i miss planning my wedding looking back πŸ˜‰

Post # 10
2968 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
DesBride:  The 2/3 month mark is the WORST. This is just before all the final preps, balances and headcounts are due, dress fittings, etc… First of all, one thing at a time… Make a list of due dates and what you need to do for each and try to tackle them in order of importance.

Also, try to delegate some tasks to family, Fiance, siblings, bridesmaids, etc..

And, also try to have fun. A nice night out with no wedding stuff is definitely in order.

The topic ‘2 months till wedding and I'm feeling super overwhelmed!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors