(Closed) 2 Months to Go – Any tips for the stress?

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Umm ditto. I’m having a rough day too. I feel like I’m swimming upstream this week for sure. Deep breaths. And maybe a nap. Everything feels like it’s getting on my last nerve today.

Sorry your family hasn’t been that much of a help. People are always so well intentioned but often don’t follow through and it’s hard to put up with the disappointment. Maybe you could delegate specific tasks to people. I know my BMs and family want to help, but unless I tell them “You do this“, it’s not going to happen. They can’t read my mind. I have the mental list and know everything that needs to be done and how it should be done. I’m a little type A, I don’t expect everyone else to be!

Post # 5
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

You must have read my mind! I’m super stressed right now, planning the wedding in a location I’m not familar with, and trying to study for the bar exam in late July. Ack!! There is so much to do and no time to do it.

I recently talked to Fiance, who has not been that involved, and he has been helping more. That has helped to calm my stress level because it makes me feel that I at least have a partner in this whole mess.

Post # 6
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We’re date twins, and I know EXACTLY what you’re talking about.  I spent all day, every day of Memorial Weekend doing wedding stuff, and when it was over, I somehow felt like I had more to do than I did when I started.  And now the anxiety has set in too, so I’m constantly thinking up things that might go wrong.  What if nobody signs our expensive-a$$ guestbook?  What if the DJ screws up the ceremony music that we worked so hard on?  What if the caterer forgets to stock the liqueur they need to make our signature cocktail?  And so on…

Post # 7
1003 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

When I completely stress out, I often have to stand back from the situation. Have a nice cup of tea/chai, put my headphones in, turn my MP3 player on and just go for a long walk away from everything. I just need that quiet time to refocus and cool down so I don’t open the gates of hell on anyone.

I agree with delegating tasks too. Or maybe talking to your FIs about maybe doing a task or too. Or even maybe just get away and go on a day trip or a date and NOT talk about the wedding.

The topic ‘2 Months to Go – Any tips for the stress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors