(Closed) 2 Months to go! Diet and skin care advice please!!

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 4
5242 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I just mositurize alot! I’m also getting a facial really soon so my skin will look great for the wedding. Also try and drink alot of water each day because it keeps you looking fresh and hydrated 🙂

Post # 5
839 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

For your skin, drink lots of water. I’m talking a SHIT ton of water! That is the absolute best way to keep your skin clear. Also, chocolate tends to make skin break out, so avoid it.  Avoid overly salty or sodium-heavy foods, because they will make you bloat. And take prenatal vitamins! They make your hair, skin and nails look amazing! I take the gummy ones and they are delicious, and my hair and skin is the best it’s ever looked since I started taking them.

Post # 6
8041 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@Pink Asawa:  Don’t try any new products within 6 weeks of the wedding. You never know what might mess up your skin… don’t take the chance.

I’d just try to eat healthy in general. Lots of fruits/veggies. Fish is supposed to be great for the skin because it has omega 3s (especially fish like salmon).

Make sure you have a good skincare routine that you don’t deviate from. Always wash off your makeup before bed.

In the few days leading up to the wedding, I would avoid some common foods that cause water retention/bloating. So things like beans and cabbage. I’d do a Google search to get a more comprehensive list if I were you. Also, go easy on the alcohol in the days leading up to the wedding.. I know it can mess w. your skin/eyes.

I don’t think there’s too much you can do that will drastically improve the way you look in this short time period… or much you can do to make yourself look drastically worse.

Post # 7
4311 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Water and moisturizer.  I mean, you can’t beat the two.  About a week before the wedding, you could get a facial!

Post # 8
8041 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@LilliePad:  Last I read, drinking water has zero effect on skin (unless you’re majorly dehydrated), and it’s a myth that chocolate makes you break out. I am not sure what to believe anymore so I just do everything in moderation lol!

Post # 9
839 posts
Busy bee

@canarydiamond:  Well I can tell you from personal experience that chocolate has ALWAYS made my skin break out, and drinking water has always helped it. You have to keep your skin hydrated, and water is the way to do that!

Post # 10
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have tried every face stuff on the market to make my face better.

Ive tried $10 creams to $600 creams $20 face wash to $70 face wash.

Everything

And even still my face would have a break out every now and again.

Until now.

I drink a ton of water everyday, its the only thing that has worked for me

Post # 11
8041 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@LilliePad:  I drink plenty and I have VERY dry skin (doesn’t help I live in cold, dry Canada).

All I am saying is that the ‘8 glasses of water a day to beautiful skin’ has been disputed a lot in recent years and many articles I’ve read have said it’s completely bogus and you’re just peeing out excess water.

If it works for you though, then great. Too bad about the chocolate though.. that really sucks, but I imagine would make it easier to avoid giving into chocolate cravings haha.

Post # 12
839 posts
Busy bee

@canarydiamond:  Yeah, I hate that chocolate makes me break out, but I think it might be all sugary things. Chocolate is just usually the only dessert I eat. Ans as far as the water goes, I have always heard that it doesn’t keep your skin from drying out, but it flushes the toxins and bacteria out that cause acne. I guess saying “hydrated” was the wrong word to use, sorry about that lol.

Post # 13
16 posts
Newbee

I’ve started taking biotin and a multivitamin and those seem to be helping. Also a night cream and day moisturizer. 🙂

Post # 14
2965 posts
Sugar bee

@LilliePad:  I HEART THE GUMMY ONES!!!

The topic ‘2 Months to go! Diet and skin care advice please!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors