(Closed) 2 months to go – honest advice regarding fitness goals

posted 5 years ago in Beauty
Post # 2
239 posts
Helper bee

Planks! And focus on putting the weight on your arms. Hold till you about collapse. 

Ten pounds in two months could definitely happen if you work for it. Remember you might also lose more weight elsewhere 

Post # 3
2866 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

futureMrs.Owens:  Do you plank with your hands extended to the palms or rest on your forearms?

Post # 4
2680 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

MuseForever:  you might be better off putting the money you were going to spend on the juice cleanse towards a few sessions with a personal trainer. 

Post # 5
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - The Victorian

MuseForever:  If you’re worried about a particular area (ie your arms) I would focus on working out rather than a juice clense. If you were like trying to lose a tiny bit of weight to get into a dress in 4 days, a cleanse might do it, but I don’t think that’s what your after. Planks are a great recommendation because you can do them easily at home. Just make sure you do SOMETHING every day. that doesnt mean you have to go to spin class or run 4 miles every day, but at least take a walk and maybe get some hand weights to burn a little extra while you’re walking. You can definitely do 10lbs in 2 months.

Post # 6
323 posts
Helper bee

I recommend using myfitnesspal to help keep on track- it’s easy to use and helps you make better food choices and it helps me eat in moderation. Also, I LOVE Blogilates with Cassey Ho- you can follow her workout on youtube. She is fun and motivating. 

I also recommend lifitng weights. Doesn’t have to be anything too crazy, but helps burn more calories and can help sculpt your arms. 

As for a cleanse- I would never recommend doing that, and even if I did, I don’t think it would help much 2 months out. 

Post # 7
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

If you have a smart phone, try out the free “Nike Training Club” app. It has a ton of guided workouts and several workouts that are focused specifically on toning your arms, shoulders, and back.  

I would suggest getting a couple 5lb to 8lb weights so you can do the Nike app at home to tone your arms, I find that I’m more consistent when I work out at home since I don’t have to actually go to the gym- fewer excuses for missed workouts!

Post # 8
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

In two months you should easily be able to lose 8 lbs, because that’s only 1 lb per week. With some extra hard work you could even lose 16, but you’ll also have to take into account alterations of your dress, so you’ll need to set a cut-off date in time.

Personally, I’d say cardio all the way. It burns more calories, and tbh, you’re probably not going to add noticeable muscle definition in 8 weeks. Replace some meals with healthy juices and smoothies (not all) and count calories! Drink a lot of water and cut out as much sugar, processed food and fast carbs as you can. 

And good luck!

Post # 9
2691 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

The Nike Training Club ruins my life everytime I go to the gym… it’s soooo good!

Post # 10
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Up your veggie and protein intake, reduce processed carbs/sugar. I’ve never done a cleanse but I can’t imagine one would have a long-term effect. Sticking to a “clean” diet will definitely help to make up for lost time in the gym and take your weight loss to the next level in a short period of time. I second MyFitnessPal for a simple way to keep tabs on your intake and make sure you’re eating the right nutrients for your goal weight. Calories are important, but so is the ratio of protein/fat/carbs in your diet! 

Post # 11
608 posts
Busy bee

If you are sensitive about your arms, then you definitely need to work on toning as well as weight loss.  If you focus only on weight loss then you may still have loose skin on the arms.  Recommend push-ups, chair dips, bicep curls, etc. and lots of reps (I believe the general rule is to add reps for toning or weight for building muscle). 

Post # 12
2942 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

MuseForever:  Most of the two-three day cleance/diets are just not going to give you weight loss that is going to stick.  I had 6 co-workers do the military diet and they spent 3 days complaining about doing it, lost 5 pounds and then gained 4 of it back and started the diet again.  About the third time they went through it, everyone cheated, and all but one of them who has been very good about diet and exercise since then has gained back the weight they lost.

The topic ‘2 months to go – honest advice regarding fitness goals’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors