(Closed) 2 months to go – honest advice regarding fitness goals

posted 5 years ago in Beauty
Post # 17
9595 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

MuseForever:  it will *blow your mind* how much weight flies off it you cut out wheat. And rice. But especially wheat. I would cut wheat, added sugar, and alcohol for the next two months and you will def lose 10lbs. maybe 15+ And imagine how good that wedding cake will taste ! 🙂

for arms I would start doing many sets with small weights, 3-5lbs. Doing while you’re watching tv at night. 

Post # 18
4064 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m not gonna lie, it’s not always fun, but your best bet is to eat clean. As the saying goes “abs are made in the kitchen”.

Cutting back on refined carbs, alcohol, sugars and sodium will make a huge difference. Your meals should essentially be lean protein (chicken, lean beef, turkey, or fish), and veggies (steamed or raw is preferable), with a small amount of a healthy fat. For added resuls, try to keep carbs to the morning, so no fruit, rice or bread after lunch. The weight will fall off, and you’ll have way more energy than ever before.

Post # 19
239 posts
Helper bee

nycsa:  on my forearms and I get great results! 🙂

Post # 20
5154 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

MuseForever:  Make sure you take into consideration your alterations. I lost 20 pounds before my wedding and my seamstress told me I needed to stop one month before the wedding when she took my final sizes. You don’t want to have your dress altered and then not fit into it. 10 pounds WILL make a difference. 

Post # 21
1133 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

10lb in 2 months is definitely doable.  Do pushups daily, planks, etc. I’m focusing on my arms too, and although I’ve had a setback being sick this past week, I still do something small nightly.  Although we just postponed our end of May wedding, I’ve dropped 18lb since January 1, and my goal was another 20.  I’ve started eating really small portions 5-6 times a day and cut out all alcohol, sugar, and limited my carb intake.  Really helping to drop the pounds, I see a difference of about 2lb-3lb a week.

Post # 22
328 posts
Helper bee

MuseForever:  I would start weight training – weighted squats, benchpress, deadlifts etc. The weight will melt off. Find a weight training program online and start it at your local gym. Also, if you can try to incorporate some yoga. My Fiance and I are also working on losing some weight/getting healthier and we signed up for unlimited yoga for 30 days at a local studio – we did a 90 minute hot yoga session this morning, and we’re doing 60 minutes tomorrow morning! Squeeze as much as possible into your schedule, and the weight will melt off!

Post # 23
4689 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

saratiara2:  that is really good advice. 

Post # 24
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

MuseForever:  is there a class at your local gym that you can join? Classes always get me excited to workout! 

Post # 25
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - Barn Restaurant

Here is my advice…I am not an expert but I promise this will work!

Do the whole30 cleanse. It’s really not too hard, but it does take food preparation. It is a very healthy way of eating and gets you on the right track. you can look it up and it guides you on what to eat etc. throughout. Its very organic, no additive…fruit veggies meat kind of cleanse. No dairy, bread, sugar etc. 

I have 3 weeks till my wedding and am still doing semi doing the whole30 because eating that healthy truly feels great. I allow milk for my coffee and a cheat day now since I don’t have much weight to lose. 

Secondly I am an extremely busy mom of a 2 year old and I do T25 all the time!! its 25 min a day and truly gets results. I am not the best at doing it completely to schedule but it has put me in great shape. It incudes planks and a lot of arm work! I have always been very athletic and it makes me feel in great shape!! I used to add in running as well a few days a week but truly have no time and its too cold to run outside. 

I strongly suggest whole30 combined with t25. Seriously changed my body completely…I am in the best shape/lowest weight I think ever…even pre baby

I do love myfitnesspal too!! have had success with that as well. but whole30 t25 is my #1!

ps. and I am in no way a beachbody coach!! lol and I do not advertise my workouts on social media etc. so I am not trying to sell a thing! lol

The topic ‘2 months to go – honest advice regarding fitness goals’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors