(Closed) 2 months to go! *October Brides*

posted 5 years ago in October 2014
Post # 16
2743 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

I just sent out invites. I’ll be sending out newsletters this weekend. I also just ordered the brooches for my bouquet. I’ll be ordering buttons for the wedding dress and a petticoat for rehersal dress this weekend. I’ll also be booking my mother’s hotel. Getting there slowely but surely ladies!

Post # 17
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - The Wayside Inn

aussiejenn:  We have a lot in common, it sounds like – October Boston area weddings, planning from afar (I was also abroad for most of the summer, it was such a pain to plan a wedding that way!) and Mexico for the honeymoon!

I was just in Boston for a week and had our shower, cake tasting, timeline appointment, hair and makeup trial, and met with two possible floritsts. I guess we’re pretty on top of things, but I still feel so stressed out! I’m spending time agonizing over the details, when all the big decisions (like venue, music, photographer, my dress, etc) I felt like I made on gut instinct. Anyone else experiencing this?

This week, I need to decide on the florist, address the invites (which haven’t arrived from the printer yet!) choose some decor like table numbers, aisle runner, etc, and pick out the bridesmaids’ gifts. I also have my third fitting on Saturday – hopefully the penultimate fitting, as my dress is getting a LOT of alterations! 

I picked my date based on the historic peak of foliage in the area, but as I was driving through Connecticut I noticed some leaves already(!!) turning yellow. Fingers crossed I still get the New England fall weather I’ve been dreaming of!

The topic ‘2 months to go! *October Brides*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors